Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can't import STL file in Crealty Slicer 4.8

EnderX
(@enderx)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

After having printed one of the provided example files, I am trying to move on to objects I am actually interested in, but so far I have failed to import any of the STL files I have.

I have tried to open them, drag & drop them, but each time I get a flat profile of the object instead of a 3D model. As a note, I get the following warning upon import:

Auto scaled object to 10000% of original size

The STL files are perfectly fine, and in fact open up without a hitch in Cura 4.9 (it just happened that last time I started Slicer 4.8, an upgrade message for Cura 4.9 popped-up - from within Slider!-, so I would expect both to work identically).

I tried converting those objects to .obj files, but the same result is obtained.

I am clearly missing something. One of the files is attached if anyone can care to investigate.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
EnderX
(@enderx)
Topic starter  

This post answered my question: https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/postid/2338/

I am now using Cura 4.9 and have launched a print of the resulting sliced STL file. Fingers crossed...

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@enderx This is what we hope to see, people could find the answers and share the solution in this community.

ReplyQuote
EnderX
(@enderx)
Topic starter  

@kevin
Sure. So far it has done its job. Still looking for P/N for the BLTouch for the Ender 6, but that is a different story...

PS: the print came out fine.

ReplyQuote
EnderX
(@enderx)
Topic starter  

And I have finally found an answer to my other question in this thread (by none other that @kevin).

The BLTouch kit for the Ender 6 depends on the main board version. Mine being a 4.3.1, I will get an Ender 3 v2 kit

ReplyQuote