Notifications
Clear all

BL Touch

jrjr
 jrjr
(@jrjr)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I would like to add a BL Touch but I understand that there is no way to store the mesh and a 25 point has to be done for every print. Will a firmware revision be coming to save the mesh to eeprom and retrieve that at start of a print? Also would be nice to have the option of 9 point measuring instead of 25. Would be faster.

ReplyQuote
Flyboy30126
(@flyboy30126)
New Member Registered

Hey, I have a Ender 3 4.2.2. I flashed the wrong firmware, so I downloaded the correct one but all I have now is a blank blue screen. What can I do to fix this. Just bought this one and put a BL auto-bed leveling. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@flyboy30126 Which one you flashed? I recommend you take the bl-touch off and try to back to the factory default firmware first. Also, check the wiring for the screen if it loosens or something. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@jrjr Hi, friend. You are still looking for the method to close Auto leveling. 🤣  I would like to share with you a way I used for my Ender5 plus. So I am not sure if it will work on your Ender6 as I do not have an Ender6.

1. First, level your bed perfectly and then close the auto-leveling on display like the attached picture.

2. Open Cura, go to the start code. Change the G29 to M420 S1.(Attahced the picture in another post)

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

Here

ReplyQuote
jrjr
 jrjr
(@jrjr)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kevin

@jrjr Hi, friend. You are still looking for the method to close Auto leveling. 🤣  I would like to share with you a way I used for my Ender5 plus. So I am not sure if it will work on your Ender6 as I do not have an Ender6.

1. First, level your bed perfectly and then close the auto-leveling on display like the attached picture.

2. Open Cura, go to the start code. Change the G29 to M420 S1.(Attahced the picture in another post)

I have no idea what you mean "close the auto-leveling ". This is not what I asked anyway. Who are you? Do you work for Creality? This forum is called creality3dofficial but is it really a Creality forum?

This post was modified 1 month ago by jrjr

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@jrjr Never mind, I just think of you as the one who wants to turn off auto-leveling. As you seeing, I am the admin of this forum, sure I work for Creality, but I am not in the Tech department. 

ReplyQuote
tangerine
(@tangerine)
Trusted Member Registered

@jrjr I saw a video before I got my BLTouch which seemed to indicate that the levelling data was not stored which I though was a bit pointless given the purpose of the BLTouch. But I forgot all about that video until I read your post because having installed a BLTouch on my Ender 6 (a few problems along the way but successful in the end), every print has been on a perfectly levelled bed and I haven't had to do anything.

Yes, it checks 25 points but it takes about five minutes which is nothing in the time of most of the prints I have done and given that the bed has given me some strange results when I have levelled manually - when the corners are all perfectly levelled, the centre (where smaller prints usually begin) is high - so I have had to make a bit of a guess which points to compromise. When the 25 points are checked, this is all factored in with appropriate compensation at each point.

Also, the bed may well move between the end of one print and the beginning of the next. I've had to wrestle with prints to get them detached from the bed and when manually levelling, a significant movement can be noticed.

My advice, if the 25 point checks bother you, go and make a cup of tea and let the BLTouch do its thing without being watched.

ReplyQuote