Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Bed levelling manually

Daintree
(@daintree)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Does anyone know of an online guide to this or video have spent hours searching 

am I correct in thinking the order is 213 then 514.

about ready to ditch this brand new beast but will persevere 

any help is appreciated maybe I need to buy the bl touch but my reading suggests I have to do manual levelling first anyway

This topic was modified 6 months ago by Daintree

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@daintree Yes, for sure you have to learn how to bed level manually. Be patient. I suggest that you can do live leveling to understand which is the best gap between your bed and nozzle. Here I attached videos for your reference.

ReplyQuote
EnderX
(@enderx)
Eminent Member Registered

Leveling was pretty straightforward in my experience (which remains limited): Just warm up the bed to temperature (important) then use a sheet of paper that you move to the target spot with the nozzle (as the goal is to have it somewhat held between nozzle and bed).

I use the logical order: 1 2 3 4 5 ... and repeat until I achieve proper leveling. I shoot for a setting where I can pull the sheet away but feel some resistance. Kind of a trial and error step I guess.

For what it's worth, in my case, the center of the bed seems to be slightly lower than the corners. It hasn't been an issue for prints, but I am installing a BL touch as soon as I get the correct cable (on its way according to Crealty).

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

ReplyQuote
EnderX
(@enderx)
Eminent Member Registered

They told me they would release a kit to avoid others to run into troubles after following your advice 🙂

Glad to see they have followed up on this. I am still waiting for the cable, which might be log jammed somewhere off the coast of California while ships are waiting to be unloaded...

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@enderx ? ? Pray it will come soon.

ReplyQuote