Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ABS Printing problem Ender 6

jwhittaker
(@jwhittaker)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

After several adjustments I printed  an ABS sample part only to discover it  breaks apart at layers, I have the nozzle temp  at 260C, Bed Temp at 100C, wall thickness is  .0625 layer height 0.2mm wall speed it 40mm. The part  came out of the  printer looking perfect, until i  tried  to stress it, and it fell apart at layers,  I  can  separate each  layer  by  twisting. The Base however is  very strong and won't break, is the wall thickness to small? Temp? I am  doing a sample  before i do a larger  design to test durability. Bed adhesion is good, no  warping at  bottom of the part.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Harkon
(@harkon)
Trusted Member Registered

Is your cooling fan on or off? Try it at 0% for the whole print.

ReplyQuote
stillc
(@stillc)
New Member Registered

Hi, I'm sorry, but I'm just a random person here who knows nothing about the world of 3D printers and needs advice. My grandpa's birthday is coming, so my sister and I want to make a nice gift. Once he told that he wanna try himself in the world of 3d printing, so we consider buying it. Though we know nothing about it. I found this one to be fine but is it really worth the price?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@stillc  Ender 3 v2 is really worth buying. It is easy for beginners and it is not expensive.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jwhittaker  I guess it's the temperature when it's far away from the hotbed, and the filament cools down as soon as it comes out, so there is no adhesion at all between the layers.
Add a insulation cover for your printer and turn off the cooling fan.

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

unless your object is very small, printing ABS require enclosure.

ReplyQuote