Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Upgraded to 4.2.7 getting homeing issues.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Richard Hardway
(@richard-hardway)
Topic starter  

Hello all and thanks for looking. I have had a Ender 5 for 3 years now. I was forced to upgrade the main board due to hardware failure. I can’t remember why I was avoiding the upgrade but it had something to do with memory limitation or something like that. Anyway I am upgraded and I have been printing OK but having issues with home. It’s like the offset gets changed for no input reason and randomly the next print will start with the bed too close OR too far to lay a proper first layer. So shut off, power on, auto home, Once in place set offsets, then steps to print. Before this would typically allow me to get the next print out but it is like this is getting worse. So this morning I got to start the next print after 6 pints of the same g.code and bed is not in place. SO shut off, power on, auto home, Once in place set offsets, then steps to print. No dice bed is too far. Start over, back to cura to re slice both leveling squares and the model to print making sure both are sliced the same. Run leveling squares and all goes fine, a little adjustment perfect squares second run. Then run the model and the run out to prime the nozzle looks perfect then, smashed first layer…. Tried again bed too far PLA drizzles into place and is not stuck… LOL frustrating. 

Thanks again for looking.

ReplyQuote