Notifications
Clear all

Trouble with installing bltouch v1.3.1 and board 4.2.7

Page 1 / 2

dpheonix68
(@dpheonix68)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I recently upgraded the board to a 4.2.7 and also added a bltouch 1.3.1, however the firmware on the site only has bltouch verison 1.1.1 without the adapter board and 1.3.1 with the adapter board. 

the 4.2.7 has a dedicated slot for the bltouch so i didnt get a 27pin adapter but when i start up the machine its a constant buzzing and it doesn't home correctly. 

I'm a bit baffled by this and dont really want to use the adapter I mostly got the new board because of the dedicated slot. 

ReplyQuote
TechMechanik
(@techmechanik)
New Member Registered

I had the same issue. What I found was I was flashing the wrong firmware.

Instead of flashing: 

• Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.3.1 - BLTouch - TMC2225.bin

I flashed:

• Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1.1 - BLTouch - TMC2235.bin

This caused the buzzing to go away. 

However, I am having problems with the homing that I am working on.

But the BLTouch works fine and the buzzing is gone.

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

I'm also having a problem with 4.2.7 and BLtouch 3.1. I installed as directed and the BLtouch flashes red, the printer tries to home but the printer platform moves DOWN continuously. I did remove the Z limit switch wiring. No Buzzing.

The printer works fine with the standard 4.2.7 download! Z axis moves the correct direction and Homes correctly.

where can I find the Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.3.1 - BLTouch - TMC2225.bin ?

I loaded the latest one from the Creality site? I think.  Which was 

Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1.1 - BLTouch - TMC2225.bin

The only place I see the V1.3.1 software is under (With Adapter)

I tried the With Adapter version and when I try to home the bed moves down away from the hot end and the BLtouch just turns RED!

This post was modified 9 months ago 3 times by AdaBill

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@techmechanik  Did you ever get the BLTouch working properly? You mentioned you were having Homing problems.  I have looked everywhere and cannot find any Merlin code for this configuration.  It is also funny that we are not getting any response from Creality Monitors OR anyone else from this forum!  I'm brand new to 3D printers and have looked at editing the Marlin code myself but I'm not sure what parameters need to be modified. The BLTouch is worthless without the code. Creality should not be selling it as a product that will work on the Ender 5 Pro with the 4.2.7 control board.

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@dpheonix68  Did you ever get the BLTouch working properly? I have looked everywhere and cannot find any Merlin code for this configuration.  It is also funny that we are not getting any response from Creality Monitors OR anyone else from this forum!  I'm brand new to 3D printers and have looked at editing the Marlin code myself but I'm not sure what parameters need to be modified. The BLTouch is worthless without the code. Creality should not be selling it as a product that will work on the Ender 5 Pro with the 4.2.7 control board.

ReplyQuote
David
(@david)
Active Member Registered

@adabill

Creality only support the V4.2.2 for the Ender 5 Pro. 

V4.2.7 for the ender 5 pro we still have to wait. otherwise install the marlin buk fix from the marlin website

Made by Scotland and the Netherlands 🙂

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@adabill If you tried the With Adapter version, you have to use the adapter as the attached picture shows. Otherwise, something will be wrong.

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@kevin  Thanks for the suggestion. My original V1.15 board was defective and I thought I would replace it with the newer 32 bit board. I opted for the 4.2.7 board! There is a BLTouch port on the board and I plugged the cable into it.  I checked the wiring on the board (written description of the pin's function) and it was correct with the probe.  I have tried the Marlin 2.0X bugfix with Visual Studio rebuild. I downloaded the config files for 5 pro 4.2.7 and edited in the BLTouch option.  No Joy! I was hoping someone would have a 5 pro with the 4.2.7 board and the BLTouch 3.1 working and maybe they would share the .bin file.  I've given up for now and went back to the Z end stop. My bed is a little high in the center and was hoping the BLTouch would resolve the issue. One good thing is now I know how to use and edit the Marlin code.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@adabill I do not know how to use and edit the Marlin code. It is hard for me.

Your 3D printer is Ender 5 Pro, the mainboard is V4.2.7 (32bits); the BL touch is 3.1;

You mentioned BLtouch flashes red, which means the Self-checking failure.

It is a firmware fault or a wire connection fault. As your BLTouch is 5 pins without an adapter board.

How about trying to DL below version firmware: 

Ender-5 Pro-V4.2.7–32bit-TMC2225

Marlin2.0.1-V1.1.1-BLTouch(without adapter board)

Download link: https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-5-pro/

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@kevin Thanks again for the advice, I think I have unsuccessfully tried that in the past, BUT I've tried so many things I'm not sure now.  I'll give it a try and let you know. 

couple hrs later, I downloaded and installed the marlin from your link. No Joy. 1) The BLT blinked Red from startup(Plugged into 5 pin BLT slot). No movements. 2) when I tried to Prepare/Auto Home.. the print head when to home, The bed went down, 3) LCD read "HOME XYZ FIRST", 4) Stopped, no more actions.

No mention of BLT on LCD screen?

This post was modified 9 months ago by AdaBill

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@adabill Bl touch blinking red means it did not successfully complete the self-test. Usually, the self-test will push the probe up and down 2 or 3 times. Try manually pull the pin (with power off) to see if the pin moves freely.

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@kevin  I rebuilt Marlin with BLtouch  enabled and now when I home it it goes to the center of bed and normally when homing with the Z-Stop sensor, it would slowly come up ( on the Ender 5 the bed only moves up and down. When homing it usually lowers the bed, goes to home far right corner the the bed slowly raises until the Z-stop switch is activated.. Home.  Now the bed goes down, the hot end moves to farright, then to the center of bed. The BLtouch then operates twice (probe drops, blue light, retracts, probe drops but the bed never starts up to meet the probe, the probe turns red). a message comes up on the LCD HOME Z, then stopped.  I have the BLtouch plugged into the 5 pin pkug on the 4.2.7 board.  Any suggestions?  I might try to separate the 5 wires on the touch, 3 and 2 and connect the 2 to the Stop and modify the Marlin code to match some of the things I've seen on various videos. This shouldn't be this hard. I could understand if I was using some way out device for leveling, but it is a BLtouch 3.1!  Creality must not have any people monitoring this forum.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@adabill LOL. ? I hope that someone from the Creality tech team could be here to help you.
Turn to use the 2+3 pins wire connection method is not a bad idea. It is worth having a try as you can fit the BL touch version V1.3.1. Though the BL touch version seems can't affect anything, only for Creality internal upgrade recognition.
Just take care of the firmware version have to be Ender-5 Pro-V4.2.7-32bits-TMC2225 
Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch(with adapter board)

Hope Creality could fit the firmware issues ASAP. Make all versions of firmware for accessories clear!

ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@kevin Thanks again for your continued support.  I'll split out the wires this afternoon and let you know via forum.

after some additional review I don't have the adapter board so i think I'll just wait and see if someone has a hack for it to work via the 5pin plug as intended.  I'll keep poking at the various forums.  I'll post back if/when I find a solution.

kevin liked
ReplyQuote
AdaBill
(@adabill)
Active Member Registered

@david  I have tried the latest Marlin Bugfix, and it almost works but I think I have a switch or two off. Is there anywhere where I can find the changes to the Marlin code for the 4.2.7 to get the BLtouch V3.1 working?

Do you know  if they are working on a mod for it on the 4.2.7?  I've been to their site and tried several "Chats" and never get a response.  It would have been nice if they just told me that this is a known problem and they are working on it! It would have saved me lots of time and frustration.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2