Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Trouble with installing BlTouch in an ender 5 pro v2.2

allfather88
(@allfather88)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

So I have an Ender 5 pro with the 4.2.2 board and I am trying to add a BlTouch. I can't find any real videos or anything on how to install this so if you know of a video or you could just type out what I need to do in order to work it properly it would be a big help. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

There is no video for the 4.2.2 ender 5 printer instruction yet. But the related info that can help.

you can follow the steps of a V4.2.7mainboard update for your case, as 4.2.2 and 4.2.7 are similar.

you need this firmware. https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/ender-5-pro/

Ender-5 Pro-V4.2.2-32bit 

Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch 

ReplyQuote
MJR
 MJR
(@mjr)
New Member Registered

Lucky you....  I bought the Ender 5pro with the 4.2.2 board direct from this website and also bought the BL touch for it only to find a V1 board in the printer!!!  Now Creality won't replace the board so completey stuck with the incorrect printer and an incorrect BL touch!!!

ReplyQuote
CHATOMAN007
(@chatoman007)
New Member Registered

HI I had the same problem, but found these videos (for ender 3), but works for Ender 5 Pro, is better to do your own Marlin compile, because the firmware of creality has a lot of problems, follow these videos and all will work, I did it and it works for me, I have an Ender 5 Pro with V.4.2.2, BL V3.1

1.-

2.-

ReplyQuote
Davem1970
(@davem1970)
New Member Registered

Hi all. Just bought the Ender  5 pro with bltouch installed. Having problems setting the z offset. Seems to work but then when I auto home the nozzle is touching the bed - eg the offset is not being taken I to account. Any help appreciated ?

This post was modified 8 months ago by Davem1970

ReplyQuote
CHATOMAN007
(@chatoman007)
New Member Registered

Davem1970, try this guide,

I tried, and it works fine, now the Z-offst and Bed leveling is so easy

kevin liked
ReplyQuote