Forum

Notifications
Clear all

smooth layer shifting on ender 5 (y axis)

Page 2 / 2

kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@alfred0815 Ok, could you please keep me updated on this, I am also curious what is wrong with your printer. Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
alfred0815
(@alfred0815)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin today I swapped the extruder and y motor. So I printed with one y belt and one y motor axis. the result is without shifting.

It seems that the Y motor is no longer running very accurately. However, it is enough for the extruder.

My other guess is that the axle or belt, which is now not connected to the motor, caused the print error.

I'll swap the motors again tomorrow and just print with the other axle and belt.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@alfred0815 Interesting found. ? ? 

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Eminent Member Registered

@alfred0815 Hi, interesting phenomena this.... I have had my Ender 5 pro replaced twice and have had y-layer shifts for any prints larger than 20mm base. I also replaced the board with a 4.2.7 board. I also tried earthing the motors, put larger fans to cool the boards etc. Nothing worked.

Anyway, one day while printing, the y-stepper motor jammed completely because one of the y shaft coupler moved towards the motor and jammed it. I had trouble moving the coupler back on to the shaft as far as possible but I did manage it in the end. Now here's the interesting bit. After I did that I didn't get any y-layer shifting at all. Now I'm printing very large prints and they come out perfect.

So what changed other than the motor being jammed??? As the Beach Boys would say 'God only knows...'

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
alfred0815
(@alfred0815)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@hantuuk I had no motor jamm.

I had decoupled the couplings and put them back on. That did not help. The only thing that helped was another motor.
On the healthy motors the resistances of the pins are excactly identical. On the broken Y motor, the resistances are slightly different. Maybe this is a sign.

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)

@alfred0815 Hi, hope you have some luck with it... Once it starts printing correctly, its actually a good printer...

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
alfred0815
(@alfred0815)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@hantuuk I have changed the Y axis motor. Now is everything fine. The printer does its best. I'm just annoyed that I spent 3 days looking for the error. A lot of time lost.

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)

@alfred0815 Great... Happy printing

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2