Notifications
Clear all

New 5 Pro MANY issues.

Page 1 / 2

cayne469
(@cayne469)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello all, I have been trying to get help from the service@creality3d.cn email address but they don't seem to understand English well, or  the people replying aren't reading and just keep copy pasting the exact same thing to me. I just got a brand new Ender 5 pro, bought from the official website, but it does many things wrong. For instance, it will sometimes drive the bed into the nozzle and not stop, i can hear the motor whining as it continues to dig the nozzle into the board, which has caused damage to the board now. The board is also not level at all, I mean if you were to take it off, the middle is bowed in compared to the edges, and can't even print items. The screen locks up constantly especially during prints. I've only been able to get 1 test print that came out somewhat ok. I have gone through over 1kg of filament and one small print has come out correct, the bed is not even straight. I have been printing from the enclosed SD card and tried others, you can select something to print, yet it prints another file other than what was selected. Anything I can try? Support hasn't emailed in days, and the emails I have gotten are just copy and paste of the previous emails, which further shows they don't care. After asking for a refund/exchange they have ghosted me.

This topic was modified 3 months ago 3 times by cayne469

3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@cayne469 Hi, friend. You got so many issues but you mentioned you print one successfully. so I prefer to say this machine got something wrong. 

Where and when did you buy your printer?And what is your order number?

ReplyQuote
cayne469
(@cayne469)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I got it about a week ago from creality's website. And so far the customer service has emailed me the exact same message 4 times in a row without even reading my messages. At this point ive been trying to refund or exchange and they refuse to do anything about it. Order number A202096684Z

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

Your post is a bit messy with the issues.  Let's clear up your post by listing out the issues you have.

1. Nozzle digging into the heat bed.

When you home the bed, does the screw able to hit the z limit switch?  It should stop as soon as it hit.

2. LCD screen lock up during prints

It's weird if it only lock up during prints.  I assume it does function normally when it's idle? I don't have a recommendation for this.. Maybe take a video can help?

3. Bed is not flat.

A easy trick is to slip a piece of aluminum foil under whenever the bed is lower

4. Printing incorrect file.

Not much I can say about this as this is the first time I hear such problem.  Only recommendation I can give you is to to try a shorter file name. I don't have this machine but I think it can only display up to 8 characters of the file name.

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

Picture of the Z screw and Z limit switch.  My machine is Ender 5, not Pro.. but I believe it should be very similar.

ReplyQuote
cayne469
(@cayne469)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

1. Yes it hits the stop but continues to go.

2. I'll try to next time it does it.

3. Ok.

4. 3 character name cause this issue.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@cayne469 If you want to return or get some replacement parts for unwork components,  share a video that could be helpful.

ReplyQuote
cayne469
(@cayne469)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, so you can issue a refund if I upload videos? Creality is horrible at emails. I'll upload a video if you can authorize a refund. I spent all day trying to install a BLtouchkit to this thing, and it won't even print now. Creality is so useless, their videos show to do something you don't even have an option for and multiple people have people this out and you guys still haven't resolved that a year later.

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by cayne469

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@cayne469 I can not authorize a refund but if you want to get your printer works, the only way is that you have to let them understand which part has an issue. So that they can get you some replacement parts or guide you to solving problems. The videos or pictures are always better than words.

ReplyQuote
cayne469
(@cayne469)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have given them everything they need. I'm not going to carelessly through around video that are roughly a gig ( my videos are 4k 60 fps so they can't say they aren't clear enough). I have explained multiple times the issue.  You shouldn't tell people you can give a refund if they give the videos as you previously stated, that provides false hope. And as I previously stated, now that I have installed the BLtouchkit, it won't print or do anything now. I have followed every step the instructions and video say. But their video is outdated as they have updated the firmware and removed an option they show in the video. ( setting z offset) I understand there is a z probe offset now within the BLtouch menu, but that doesn't save nor is there a video by creality showing what to do with that version.

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by cayne469

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@cayne469 This forum is a place for friendly communication with other 3D printing users. I am running it to help people find similar issues and the solution here. Taking care of your refund cases is not what I am supposed to do, so I am sorry that I have no right to give you any word.

But according to Creality customer service side, you did not give them anything (Video or photo) as evidence since you have a refund request.

ReplyQuote
Rover45
(@rover45)
New Member Registered

@kevin Hi there

I do not know if this will help but I purchased a new Ender 5 Pro and had similar problems when it would not even print the included test files. It was forcing the head into the bed and just printing junk.

The solution was reflash the printer Marlin software and all was fine. From what I can gather the machine had the incorrect software installed from the factory. Great printer and works fine now.

Hope this helps.

David liked
ReplyQuote
Rover45
(@rover45)
New Member Registered

For to mention that I also had a warped bed so I purchased a Creality Glass bed to correct this issue.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@rover45 Troubleshooter! Great!

ReplyQuote
Rover45
(@rover45)
New Member Registered

@kevin

Hi Kevin

Could you please let me know what is the correct file to download Firmware for my Ender 5 Pro with v1.1.5 board. I have just purchased the Creality BL Touch kit and need to know what is the correct firmware to download.

Many thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2