Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Loud alarm sound on startup

secret3dman
(@secret3dman)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

This is what's happening to me with a brand-new Creality Ender-5 Pro.

1. Turned on the brand-new Ender 5-pro, the logo screen came on and said "TMC Error." So, after a little research, I read that updating the firmware would fix that.
  2. Went to Creality's official website, downloaded the firmware for the Ender-5 Pro series and the 4.2.2 (I checked my mainboard first)
  3. Formatted a TF card (Mini SD card), and went to copy the firmware file to it, BUT, there were 6 different files within the 4.2.2. firmware ZIP file.
    1. "Ender-5 Pro hardware V4.2.2.firmware V1.0.1.1 Czech,"
    2. "Marlin2.0.1 BLTouch V1.1.1 Non-adaptor board firmware,"
    3. "Marlin2.0.1 BLTouch V1.3.1 with-adaptor board firmware(temporary),"
    4. "Marlin2.0.1 BLTouch V1.4.1 with-adaptor board firmware+filament detection,"
    5. "Marlin2.0.1 V1.0.1 Endstop firmware"
    6. "Marlin2.0.1 V1.2.1 filament detection"

WHICH ONE DO I USE?

So, I tried the file within the ZIP file, copied it to the tiny TF card, and renamed the file "firmware.bin." Placed the TF card into the printer, turned on the power and I get an alarm sound. Now nothing happens but an alarm. Nothing else seems to work. I turn it on, and it sounds an alarm. 

ReplyQuote
secret3dman
(@secret3dman)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

UPDATE: I did finally get the alarm sound to cease. I copied the Marlin2.0.1 V1.0.1 Endstop firmware file to the mini SD card and did NOT rename it this time, et voila! It's printing a test model now. So, thanks to those for reading my post and possibly wanting to help me...  

ReplyQuote