[Solved] Extruder running in reverse after cr touch install with new firmware

39 Posts
29 Users
4 Likes
mic22
(@mic22)

This FW https://www.file.io/op8Z/download/UkDOIXz2IyEZ

Ender-5-Pro_32bit_Marlin2.0.1-V1.1_TMC2208.BL-Touch_Firmware_0814.rar

works fine right after flashing with Ender 5 Pro 4.2.2 CR-Touch. I just set z-offset and it was good to go 🙂 

Difray reacted
ReplyQuote
3man
 3man
(@3man)

Hi All,

I am totally stuck.

I have installed CR Touch, disconnected Z, installed firmware update for my board. I set the Z offset and tried to level my bed.

However head together with CR move to far left, missing print bed completely. So it is like 3 measure points were to left of bed.

Second issue is that extruder runs backwards

And third issue is that I get a lot of distortion on my display, random pixels, crambled lettering from time to time. It is annoying.

I have downloaded some default firmware but it does not update from SD card. 

Have I bricked my printer? How can I either get CR to work or remove it completely and go back to stock firmware??

Please help. I am quiet new to it so any programming tips will not help me much. I need some simple solution.

ReplyQuote
Difray
(@difray)

@mic22 I cannot download the firmware. It says that it is not available anymore.

Is it possible to reupload a working link?

ReplyQuote
vez9000
(@vez9000)

@pemuldergmail-com 

This worked perfectly for me

ReplyQuote
ZieferCypher
(@ziefercypher)

Just added the CR touch and downloaded the latest firmware only to end up with the extruder flipped. I hate to change the wire and have them fix it in the future.

ReplyQuote
BeyondSane
(@beyondsane)

Having similar issues with mine. Any solutions?

I purchased the following package on Amazon to upgrade my Ender 3 pro and the first print (the filament sensor bracket) printed flawlessly.

Creality Ender 3 / Pro / V2 Plug and Play LCD Color Touch Screen + v3.1 BL Touch + 4.2.7 32Bit Silent Board + Runout Sensor + F1RST LAYER Open-Source Community Firmware – E3 Max / 5 Compatible

I am having serious issues now with every time I try to print anything, after the bed and hotend heat up the filament starts ejecting quickly.

Anyone know how this can be remedied? I am using Cura 4.13.1

Thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
cmonEnder
(@cmonender)

For the love of all that is holy. Can SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE THE FIRMWARE!!

Use https://mega.co.nz

Practically EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US WITH THE CR TOUCH MODULE HAS THIS ISSUE!

The 2.0.6T1 firmware has this issue. aka: Ender-5 ProMarlin2.0.6HW4.2.2ALTE137.bin

DO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE!

I can’t for the life of me understand how it’s been almost 10 months and this firmware hasn’t been removed from any of the 3 official Creality websites I can find it on.

I have spent the better part of a day and a half troubleshooting temperatures, filaments, print plans, extrusion settings, offsets etc. all wondering why nothing would come out the hotend. I was just about the disassemble the hotend just to find that my extruder motor is running BACKWARDS.

Ender this is why when I asked what printer I should buy EVERYONE RECOMMENDED THAT I AVOID YOU GUYS and shell out an extra 25% for a Prusa.

In the meantime, someone please please PLEASE share the file! Creality support hasn’t replied to any of my emails.

ReplyQuote
cmonEnder
(@cmonender)

After contacting support about this. They sent me another firmware (which I don’t provide because it is also broken!)

Ender-5 ProMarlin2.0.6HW4.2.2ALTE137.bin (2.0.6T1)

Ender-5 ProMarlin2.0.6HW4.2.2BLTouch.bin (2.0.6)

both of these firmwares have this issue, possibly there are more too. Do not install EITHER of these firmwares if you have the Ender 5 Pro, 4.2.2 motherboard and CR Touch.

Still waiting on support or someone to share a WORKING firmware.

EDIT: Also it is not possible to reverse the E-Steps from the machine firmware. aka, set them as negative of what they are as. As they only go as low as 5.0.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous 46602
 Anonymous 46602
(@Anonymous 46602)

what a information. thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3