Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Extruder running in reverse after cr touch install with new firmware

Page 2 / 3

liquid1287
(@liquid1287)
New Member Registered

That firmware would be great! Can you please share, having same issue. 

ReplyQuote
MentalDragon
(@mentaldragon)
New Member Registered

Did anyone get this updated firmware?  Mine is doing the exact same thing.

ReplyQuote
RickMz
(@rickmz)
New Member Registered

@kvasir007 Where did you find The "Ender-5 Pro_32bit_Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1_TMC2208.BL Touch_Firmware_0814" firmware? It is not under the Creality latest firmware page.

ReplyQuote
RickMz
(@rickmz)
New Member Registered

Does anybody "official" look at this site? You can't tell they have not come up with a fix yet? Right?

This post was modified 5 months ago by RickMz

ReplyQuote
Kvasir007
(@kvasir007)
New Member Registered

@rickmz 

Ender-5%20Pro.zip

This link is under Downloads--> Accessory Firmware --> CR Touch Firmware for 32-bit Motherboard --> Ender-5 Pro

ReplyQuote
FatalDiviDe2022
(@fataldivide2022)
New Member Registered

I applied the firmware listed on the Creality website specifically for the ender 5 pro, 4.2.2, cr-touch.  Everything worked great (once i figured out the offsets).  However, my extruder motor is running in reverse.  I've made two support requests so far trying to get my hands on the corrected firmware, but I'm beginning to think that I'm wasting my time.  I haven't even received a notification from Creality stating that they are looking into the problem, etc.  This is a known issue and so far I've been down for two weeks.  I've scoured multiple corners of the net trying to find the corrected firmware but no luck.

I love my ender 5 pro, but I' doubt I'll ever purchase another Creality product.  When I received my printer it had the wrong firmware installed out of the box, and it was set to 220 power instead of 110.  Due to that and other issues I've reached out to support multiple times for various issues and I never get a response or solution.  I always have to rummage around the internet to find answers to my questions (thank you reddit), and usually find out that the issue is easy to resolve if you have the firmware source...which I don't.  I have what is one of the best and most affordable 3D printers on the market, but it spends most of its time doing nothing because of the lack of support from the manufacturer.  

Someone, anybody, help!!!

ReplyQuote
FatalDiviDe2022
(@fataldivide2022)
New Member Registered

@rickmz 

If they do I see no evidence of it.  If you find a fix please let everyone know.

ReplyQuote
FatalDiviDe2022
(@fataldivide2022)
New Member Registered

@liquid1287 

Any luck yet?

ReplyQuote
Roger
(@chenwenhsigmail-com)
New Member Registered

Have the same issue, would you please help?

ReplyQuote
ducoterra
(@ducoterra)
New Member Registered

I have this exact same problem running the 4.2.2 mainboard with the firmware from the accessories section on creality.com/downloads.

I had to flip the innermost and outermost wires connected to the extruder motor to reverse its direction. It's really finnicky to unplug the wires, I used a sim removal tool to push the metal clip in while pulling much harder than was comfortable. After flipping it works just fine. The wires are a little looser now, but not loose enough to come out during a print. Not a great solution since this is absolutely something that Creality should have caught, but my printer is working again (and you can just re-flip the wires when the new firmware is released... if that happens).

In addition, the comments about settings a positive offset for the probe are on point. Set a +40mm offset on the X axis to be safe *before* attempting a bed leveling (Configuration -> Advanced Settings -> Probe Offsets -> Probe X Offset). Adjust down from there.

I have the micro swiss direct drive extruder and the CR Touch seems to work well. I needed a +45.5 probe X offset and a -0.90 Z offset to account for the extra spacing. It seems to be working so far, but I've only done a couple prints. At least I can verify the nozzle isn't crashing into the build plate and the filament does, in fact, extrude.

ReplyQuote
ricky62257
(@ricky62257)
New Member Registered

@c4pete I'm still looking for that bin attachment, mine has done everything everyone else is doing including the x axis crashing into the gantry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Scottt1234
(@scottt1234)
New Member Registered

@c4pete Like many others, would really appreciate it if you could attached that bin file.  I'm also having every problem experienced by others on this thread.

ReplyQuote
notmymonkeys
(@notmymonkeys)
New Member Registered

@ducoterra Can you provide some more info on which exact wires you had to reverse - i have the same issue and have to attempt this and done want to hose up my wires / connections?

ReplyQuote
TheMagicRandolf
(@themagicrandolf)
New Member Registered

I have also had this issue, I have attached firmware provided to me by customer support, they claim it will resolve the issue (I haven't tested it though).

In the end I got tired of waiting and re-wired my extruder motor so it runs in reverse, this resolved my issue - if the above firmware doesn't help I recommend this approach, it's not as scary as it sounds:

Please note that after re-wiring my extruder I had to recalibrate it's steps/mm, as it was serverly over extruding, a full guide to do that can be found here:

And if you need help getting your printer connected to a PC for the above, I found this useful:

Hope this helps someone!

ReplyQuote
mic22
(@mic22)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @themagicrandolf

I have attached firmware provided to me by customer support

Are you able to upload that firmware on some hosting and share a link? The attachments don't work properly here 🙁

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3