Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 Pro Y axis shifting

hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Cooling Fan Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, I just got one of these with the silent board last week. After two very successful prints, I now getting prints with only the y axis shifting at every layer. It looks like the y axis shifts at the same amount as each layer height.

I've tried the following,

1) checked the belts are tight, tightened up the y axis motor pulley connections. I also chacked there are no cables snagging.

2) checked the gcode if there's any change in y axis after each layer. The y axis value hasn't changed. Also the display showed the correct Y axis at each layer.

3) I have used different slicer software, eg Creality own one (look like the original Cura), Ultimaker Cura 4.8 and Cura 14.7 (the original)

4) I also tried different SD cards including the card that came with the printer, but that didn't change anything.

I haven't tried to reset the firmware as I don't know how. According to the display, my firmware is version 1.1.6.3. This seems the latest one with BL Touch on this website.

I have looked at the forums here and some people had success with upening the main board cover. I have now removed the cover and started another print.  No success either.

Other than contacting the seller, I am at my wits end. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Cooling Fan Registered
Topic starter  

Just an update,

As a test, I tested the printer printing out a 20 by 20, by 20 cube. This time, the print was perfect with no shifting. The other print with the shift was a model with an 110 by 63 base and it was shifting. So I am still at a loss... Any ideas welcomed..

Thanks

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
RawChickenBeast
(@rawchickenbeast)
Nozzle Registered

Does the model build properly in the slicer preview? 

Have you tried printing at a lower speed?

Do you hear any clicking/slipping in the X or Y stepper at any point during each layer?

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Cooling Fan Registered
Topic starter  

@rawchickenbeast

thanks for the reply, in answer the preview was fine. I even checked the values on gcode and they were correct. I also tried various speeds and no help either. All the stepper motors were moving smoothly, ie no belt slips. 

I read in other forums that it might be the original silent board problem and the latest v4.2.7 board is better. 

What I can’t understand why it only effects large bases prints, ie larger 100x100mm. Anyway, I have contacted the seller. 

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Cooling Fan Registered
Topic starter  

As an update, I got a refund from my UK seller in the end. I'll wait until they sell an ender 5 pro with a 4.2.7 board.

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up