Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 Pro V4.2.2 with BLTouch V3.1 Probing Errors

jhallen
(@jhallen)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have an Ender 5 Pro that I upgraded to the V2.2.2 board in June. In July I added a BLTouch V3.1 (without adapter board) and flashed the Creality Marlin 2.0.1-V1.1-BLTough firmware.  It has worked perfectly from July 2, 2021 until October 27, 2021.  I have not been able to print anything since then.  Sometimes the autohome will move to the center and the BLTouch pin will probe 4-5 times and then the printer does nothing (no bed movement).  Every time  I try autolevel it starts the process but when it gets to the 5th probe position (center of bed) the BLTouch pin probes 4 or 5 times the then everything stops.

I have checked the BLTouch wiring several times and everything is making a good connection.  I have BLTouch V1.3 but the probe is labeled V3.1 so I tried it and the results were the same.  I am waiting for a new V3.1 wiring harness to be delivered so I can try that.

The only other possibilities I can think of are a faulty BLTouch or a faulty mainboard (after I try a new wiring harness).

Has anyone else solved this problem before?  Or, does anyone have any other ideas to try?

ReplyQuote
jhallen
(@jhallen)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Problem Solved.  After installing a new wiring harness, the probe worked again.  The original wiring harness was routed inside the wiring sleeve.  I reinstalled the original cable but left it outside the wiring sleeve and it also worked.  Maybe the original wiring harness was too close to other wires and it was causing interference. 

ReplyQuote