Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 Pro - cannot print models more than 35mm

hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have an Ender 5 Pro with a v4.2.7 board. I also have BL Touch installed. Firmware used is the .bin file on this site

Ender-5 Pro-V4.2.7–32bit-TMC2225

Marlin2.0.1-V1.1.1-BLTouch(without adapter board)

Prints up to 35mm height are ok, but it won't print anything taller than that. The extruder still extrudes the filament but it doesn't go any higher.

I am still not sure if this is a firmware problem or a machine problem. By the way, I can move the z-axis way up to 220mm.

Has anyone experienced this problem and how to overcome this issue. Also, if anyone doesn't have this problem and have compiled their own firmware, I would be grateful if you could share their firmware.

Another question - Is is possible to check the firmware if there is a limit to the z-axis, or do I have to compile my own firmware?

Thanks for any help...

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Topic starter  

Perhaps I was a bit hasty reporting this.

For a test, I drew a cylindrical pen holder 60mm high, and guess what, that printed ok. I will do some tests on the slicer and that particular model that's giving me the problem.

Anyway, for now, everything seems ok...

Cheers

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@hantuuk Maybe it's a problem with your Cura settings at the begining? I do not know. 

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply. The first print that didn't go further than 35mm I had set the creality slicer to 0.1mm layers. The one that worked was printed with 0.2mm layers. Not sure why though. In any case, I'll stick to 0.2mm layers as they are ok for the models I've designed.

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@hantuuk Agree! 0.2mm works for most of the models.

ReplyQuote