Notifications
Clear all

Ender 5 Plus issues

Lee W
(@lee-w)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, Can anyone help Me?

I have just taken delivery of two Ender 5 Plus machines. One works fine, the other one is unusable!

Unplugged, everything moves freely so it's not a mechanical issue on the sliding mechanisms. 

When Starting the Z axis is fine, the X axis is fine, but the Y axis is not working properly. 

When homing, it makes a terrible sound and may or may not move in one way or the other. It doesn't often reach the home switch.

The auto-levelling then causes the X axis to make awful sounds that go away when moving manually but the Y axis is my main concern. 

When trying to move the Y axis manually on the touch screen, It alternates between moving forward and backward regardless of which Y axis button is pressed. 

This is a brand new machine, straight out of the box and the other machine is working fine. I've triple checked to make sure I have done everything the same on both machines.

Firmware version is up to date - V1.70.2 BL

Any advice greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Screw

I think the first step is to make sure all the screws are secure and tight, especially the screw on the motor, coupling, and roller. Then I would try to switch the motor cable (such as switching x cable with z motor cable) to see if there are some motor issues. The below is the video to demonstrate how to check the motor. Hope this would help. 

ReplyQuote
Vincent.45
(@vincent-45)
New Member Registered

Hello Lee W, I have exactly the same problem of you.

I received one Ender 5 plus yesterday, I printed my first project for 4 hour without any problem but this morning the machine dont work.

I have make the same symptoms as you : 

- at the start X and Z axis works fine, then Y axis make a terrible sound, after this, X axis make also a terrible sound.

- Y axis dont go to is home switch, and when trying to move the Y axis manually it alternates between moving forward and backward regardless of which Y axis button is pressed.

Firware version is also 1.70.2 BL

Have you find a solution to your issue ? 

I make this short video like you...

CYT, regarding your informations in the video, I tried to inverse X motor & Y motor, and the issue is now on the X motor.I don't try to open the control box, because its a new machine and it's a little touchy for me..

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Screw

@vincent-45 For me it looks like the motor is not working well. Did you fix the problem now? 

ReplyQuote
Ski
 Ski
(@ski)
New Member Registered

Just finished assembling mine and have the same problem, will double check for anything loose and try the motor check. anyone solved their problem?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@ski The problem should have not been solved.
1. Double check the screws and wire connection. 

2. Check the video that CYT shared, do a stepper test between the X-axis and Y-axis or Z-axis. In this way, you may find which part is failed.

3. Mainboard issue.

ReplyQuote
Ski
 Ski
(@ski)
New Member Registered

Might of fixed my problem.

the screw for the lower eccentric guide wheel on the X axis was loose, tightened and so far it has worked. Time will tell. Hope this information can help someone

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@ski Glad to see someone fixed! Thanks for sharing. 😊 

ReplyQuote