Notifications
Clear all

Bed losing heat during print. No error message.

Jared Saxon
(@jared-saxon)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I recently bought a used Ender 5 Plus and it had an issue strait away with the bed losing heat during the print. No error appears it just sets the bed temperature to 0 degrees and continues to print as if the G code asked it to do so. I replaced and upgraded the Motherboard to a 4.2.7 Silent Mainboard but the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas for what to check next?

Thanks, JS

ReplyQuote
Brew12
(@brew12)
New Member Registered

@jared-saxon Have you tried turning off the energy saving mode? It sounds like it is staying on.

ReplyQuote
Jared Saxon
(@jared-saxon)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@brew12 Yeah toggling the energy mode doesn't seem to have an effect.

ReplyQuote
sleddy
(@sleddy)
New Member Registered

@jared-saxon

*bump*

i have a month old stock ender5 plus with this same issue. I have also tried printing with energy saving on and off. I've even tried setting the gcode to set and change the bed temp every 10 layers and it still turned off.  
Does someone from creality actually monitor the posts? Otherwise I'll try a ticket

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@sleddy So, there is a temp when the printer just started to print. But during the print, it lost the temp? Can you heat up the bed manually during the printing?

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

How are you doing your print? SD card? Octoprint? or Wifi box?

Long time ago I have similar problem and I use Octoprint.  It took me awhile to figure out it's Octoprint's bl touch plugin that's resetting the temperature after the auto leveling.

ReplyQuote
sleddy
(@sleddy)
New Member Registered

@kevin yes,i can manually turn it back on. But i can't keep it on via gcode, cura, simplify.
I've only caught it once soon enough that the bed heated back up and maintained print to bed adhesion. I'm not patient enough to sit and watch the screen the whole time usually. That is the only successful print.
After the print starts laying down lines, I've tried going in and manually increase the temperature, it still turns off after a random time.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@nice I think they use an sd card, the most common way because they didn't point that out. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@sleddy Then it looks like it could be a relay failure. I recommend you contact customer services to send you a new unit to replace the defective relay and see if that helps with the issue.

ReplyQuote
sleddy
(@sleddy)
New Member Registered

Yes, sorry, sd card. It is stock as can be. Since i was not getting successful prints i didn't want to add any complexity to the mix. Also I've been casually printing for two years (ender 3) but i haven't graduated to an octoprint yet. 😀

Relay makes some sense. Thank you. I will pursue that. Hopefully i can find schematics and part numbers. I bought it on AliExpress "creality 3d official store".  So far they want a video of it happening... I guess i will figure out a way to video the display when the set temp changes to zero, edit and post to YouTube. Sounds easier to try and replace relay. LOL

Thanks again for suggestions and your time.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@sleddy You are welcome! Hope that is the issue and you can fix it asap.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up