Notifications
Clear all

Y-axis drive voltage Help

derbydx
(@derbydx)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Good morning 
I received this advice from Creality support (regarding Layer Shift) and im reaching you if you have any video how to do this on Ender 3 V2 

This is what they requested me to do: 

"Measure whether the Y-axis drive voltage is (0.7-0.73). If it is (0.7-0.73), adjust the voltage to 1.18-1.2, and test the pin resistance of the Y-axis motor (the red arrow and the blue arrow point to the two pairs of leads). The resistance value of the foot, if the difference is large, the motor has a problem and the motor needs to be replaced)"

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

From 3:00 is Vref checking, you can adjust Vref by turning the little potmeters.

Your second job you have to do as Creality-technician is to measure resistance of coils from stepper motor to see they are the same.

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Eminent Member Registered

@derbydx

I don't understand why they didn't ask you to measure the Vrefs for the other steppers too, especially the X-axis.
The Creality recommended Vrefs for all steppers are here and I suggest setting them to the mid-point.

Driver Voltage
X 1.18 - 1.2
Y 0.99 - 1.01
Z 1.18 - 1.2
E 1.38 - 1.4

3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote
derbydx
(@derbydx)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@3nderuser

Really appreciate your answer 

Thanks 

ReplyQuote
derbydx
(@derbydx)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@wurlitzerwilly

Thanks, will take a look on this also 

ReplyQuote
derbydx
(@derbydx)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@wurlitzerwilly 

Resistance Y stepper is like 006 and both pairs (1-4) and (3-6)

Tested with a multimeter and Please let me know if these are the correct parameters of the voltaje

E = 1.38

Z = 1.20

Y = 0.98

X = 1.18

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

@derbydx  Those Vref voltages seems to be fine. But stepper coil resistance measurement of 006 doesn't make any sense. That should be something like 1.98   ,  2.4   or 3.5 ohms for example..

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)

@derbydx
Those Vrefs are OK, although Y is a tad low, but I wouldn't change it.
Sorry I don't have a spec sheet for the motor to hand, but there's something wrong with your resistance readings or you just made a typo. 🙂
Do you mean SIX ohms? That would be a bit high. Are both windings the same.
If you really mean 0.006 ohms, that's an impossibility, as it would mean your motor would draw around 300Amps at the specified voltage, even if it is only for a short pulse period! 😀

ReplyQuote
derbydx
(@derbydx)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@wurlitzerwilly

@3nderUser

Just to rectify, I have my multimeter set to 200 ohms, and the measeure was 06.0 on both sides, 1-4, 3-6 ....  i dont know how to interpret this 06.0

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)

@derbydx

I'm no expert on multimeters and some of them seem to have their own rules. 😀
I would say that reading is 6 ohms.
I suggest that you try testing a different motor. The Z motor is probably the easiest to access.
If you get the same result of 6 ohms, I would suspect that your multimeter is no longer accurate.
If you get a lower result, I'd say that your Y motor is way out of spec and needs replacing.

ReplyQuote