Forum

Notifications
Clear all

X Axis Issues

hind5ight
(@hind5ight)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I purchased a new Ender 3 V2 about a month ago. I admit, at first it was getting familiar with various print settings and understanding different filaments.
Now that I feel I've mastered much of that, I'm hoping for a solution to this nagging problem.
I've noticed since my first effort when printing in a straight line from left to right across the entirety of the bed, there are 3 or 4 spots where my nozzle will dip/dive. If I am working on a larger print job, it will create a noticeable line from the base to the top of the print.

When completing the bed alignment by first homing the nozzle and then disabling steppers, I can feel a mild catch or divot in the X axis when I move it from left to right. I've examined the rail and the rollers and all seem to be clear. There is nothing noticeable on the X axis or nothing I can feel when running my finger along it.
I've examined the belt and tensioners to assure I didn't have a small piece of filament in there or something but I'm not finding anything. The fact the carriage and nozzle dip in these 3 or 4 spots along the X axis, I'm only wondering if this might have been a design flaw in this batch as I've noticed it since I got the printer. Again, I was more focused on understanding the device first and how to use it before I dove into this topic.. and here I am.. 

I've looked to see if I can replace just the X axis shaft or gantry but it doesn't appear this is available to purchase anywhere. I can only find the linear replacement from 3D Fused, which I may consider if there is no fix for this.

Thoughts?

This topic was modified 8 months ago by hind5ight

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

Check your rollers for a flat spot, softly put your finger on the rollers and move printerhead left to right.
Eventual loosen the eccentric nuts from rollers a bit, when moving there must be no resistance beside from pulling the belt over the stepper motor.
Check the screws wich mount the hotend to the plate, often they not fasten so well from factory.
Also advisable to seperate the bowden tube from wiring going to the hotend to prevent friction when the head is moving.

ReplyQuote
Griimzer
(@griimzer)
New Member Registered

I'm having the same issue as OP. me too, a new Ender 3 v2 for a couple of weeks. 

When the printhead roll on the X axis, it touch and go at a couple of place. The bed is leveled on the four corner, but in the center the nozzle is far off the bed.

When leveling, i tried many thing

I'v replaced the rollers, validated the eccentric nuts, belt tension, validated my plate is straight.

When leveling, here what i see:

• Level both bottom right & bottom left corner (or at least same paper resistance)
  • Move manually (or by stepper) across the X axis and i get 2-3 place where the nozzle is too high, and some places where the nozzle is too close to the plate.

Any other idea how to fix this?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@griimzer I am the same way, there is no way to ensure that the construction platform is 100% flat. You can only find the most suitable position to ensure that the filament could stick on.

ReplyQuote
Griimzer
(@griimzer)
New Member Registered

I had orderer a BL touch and it finally arrived this weekend. I installed it and after adjustment, it seem to help. Time will tell, but not worrying about it anymore.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@griimzer Good luck and enjoy your printing.

ReplyQuote