Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Will not auto home

FLRich
(@flrich)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just got my first 3D printer, an Ender 3 v2. It will not auto home. I have upgraded to the latest update (i believe) and still will not auto home or print. Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
candrews67
(@candrews67)
Active Member Registered

if you move them (prepare,move ... x,y,z) do they move? if not check cables. my new ender 3v2 came with Z disconnected at the motherboard, probably shipping.  only x and y would home or work. simple fix was to open the access to motherboard and firmly seach the z axis cable

ReplyQuote
Kiwitrevau
(@kiwitrevau)
Active Member Registered

Same here, Will not auto home, I am in Adelaide, just assembled my Ender 3 V2 (11 Jan 2022) when I choose Auto Home it will not operate other than Z Motor Clicks but not turn (I disconnected the threaded rod) the Z motor powers up but stays locked tight for 7 to 8 seconds and fails to turn or run it would seem it goes into Brake mode while x and y motors go to home but that is not happening , the motor then powers off and that's it. The z motor on its own is free to turn by hand but fails with power on. ie. with the threaded rod disconnected, 

All 3 xyz movements are free to move by hand, the head fan runs continuous, the screen says "auto homing don't start another operation and just sits there." All three motor plugs are firm and correct at the motor and at the PCB.  (I am electrical/electronics Tech) 

Any help much appreciated

This post was modified 4 months ago 5 times by Kiwitrevau

ReplyQuote
Kiwitrevau
(@kiwitrevau)
Active Member Registered

Could you please let me know if you have success I will do same, at moment have in hand with seller. My status is everything looks ok but all 3 motors fail to work individually but they do power up but dont turn. Looking like the printed circuit is faulty

ReplyQuote
Kiwitrevau
(@kiwitrevau)
Active Member Registered

Could you please let me know if you have success I will do same, at moment have in hand with seller. My status is everything looks ok but all 3 motors fail to work individually but they do power up but dont turn. Looking like the printed circuit is faulty

ReplyQuote
Kiwitrevau
(@kiwitrevau)
Active Member Registered

I have mine working

I removed the board completely checked it for any thing obvious found nothing so put it back in and then loaded the latest firmware and it is all good. Maybe was a bad connection or maybe the Firmware? But all working now.

ReplyQuote
FLRich
(@flrich)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kiwitrevau thank you very much. I will try that.

ReplyQuote
FLRich
(@flrich)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have tried making sure all the connections to the computer board are secure. I have upgraded software, what next?

ReplyQuote