Notifications
Clear all

WHAT am I supposed to feel when bed leveling

Warrenj6
(@warrenj6)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have run across multiple videos, and texts on HOW to level the bed using a piece of paper, but NO ONE says exactly WHAT it should feel like.  Should I be feeling a constant vibration when I move the paper, or is that too close?  Do I back it off until I feel nothing, or what?
Any explanations would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...

I am currently getting prints that look like this.  
I have tried:

1. Leveling the bed.

2. Using different filament.

3. Changing nozzles to a .8, then back to a .4.

4. Cleaned out the Bowden tube (fixed the end).

5. Put Hairspray on the bed.

NOTHING has helped.  Photo is first layer print, It does the same thing on layer two only 90 degrees rotation.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@warrenj6 I do not think it is a bed leveling issue. It seems extruder issue. Please recalibrate your extruder.

ReplyQuote
Warrenj6
(@warrenj6)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin It ends up my Extruder handle is broken.  Ordered a new one so that SHOULD fix the problem.  However AFTER watching this guys video, do you change the 93 in the Gcode to 100 or 107?  He came up with 2 different numbers?

ReplyQuote
Axl Myk
(@axl-myk)
Active Member Registered

First thing I do is check the nozzle for boogers, then turn the temp to 180º for PLA so it doesn't ooze out.

Use a sticky note for a feeler gauge.

Run a calibration file, Adjust each corner until you feel a slight drag. Do each corner twice.

I have a simple 4 corner twice gcode if you would like it. It does each corner twice, presents, and stops.

I'll attach it.

Another problem I had was the bed and mag mat. Lay a straight-edge across the bed and look for light under it.

It'll show dips and valleys. Thin velum paper under the mat where it's needed helps. I went to a glass bed. Problem fixed.

I use a lightly dampened rag with Acetone to remove residue from the bed. just a swipe or 2. don't scrub it.

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Axl Myk

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@warrenj6   Those are two different examples. He said that  "one more example because mine was a little bit confusing" You have to calculate your own number according to the measured length.

ReplyQuote