Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Problem with SD card, Ender3 V2 will not boot, blank backlighted screen.

farter
(@farter)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with brand new Ender3 v2. SD Card slot is not working.

Symptoms:
- when I put in SD card and turn on the printer, the screen is just blank and Ender will not boot up
- when I turn the printer first and put SD Card in, nothing happens, in "Print" menu there is no refresh button.

I was trying with two different SD cards, one from the box, and the one I had for my camera. Both were formatted using 3rd party software from sdcard.org.

Is this SD Card slot faulty?

Thanks for help !

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

Had the same issue as yours, The blank screen. 

You need to flash the firmware to get the screen back. 

format the sd card, copy the .bin file to the card, turn off the printer, insert the card, turn on the printer, the screen lights up. Works every time to my v2. 

the firmware:

Ender-3 V2_4.2.2-32bit

Marlin-2.0.1 – V1.0.2 (Factory Firmware)

Verified

ReplyQuote
Syndrme
(@syndrme)
New Member Registered

@eli-liu Hey, so I think I have the same issue here. My v2 has the firmware version 1.0.1 installed. Is it okay if I use the same firmware that you listed or are there any other steps I should do? Thanks.

ReplyQuote
jrjinyyc
(@jrjinyyc)
New Member Registered

I had similar issue with my V2. The MicroSD Card might be fried. Throw out the little MicroSD-USB reader that comes with the unit. Use a MicroSD to SD adapter that comes with a new micro SD card, and use a quality SD reader.

The slightest misalignment inserting the SD into the supplied reader will cause a short that fries the card. After that my PC would "see" the card, but could not read it or recover it.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jrjinyyc That might be the quality issue of the USB reader.

ReplyQuote
Twah87
(@twah87)
New Member Registered

@eli-liu Just built my Ender 3 V2 today and was having similar issues with it not reading the SD card. Tried to follow steps to update firmware. Now it won't start up and the latest development is that it is making a high pitched ringing noise. What have I done wrong?

ReplyQuote
Twah87
(@twah87)
New Member Registered

It's also adding a file to the SD card. "EEPROM.DAT" I can't upload it to the forum.

This post was modified 6 months ago 2 times by Twah87

ReplyQuote
Twah87
(@twah87)
New Member Registered

I figured out that I was special and using the wrong firmware. I am up and running now.

ReplyQuote
Skosh07
(@skosh07)
New Member Registered

Make sure your sd card is formatted to FAT23. I tried to use another sd card and it couldn't be read because I couldn't format it to FAT23. Tried another sd card that I could put in that format and it works great. There are times where the screen comes up blank but I just take it out and re-enter it and it works

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@skosh07 And we have to rename the file when we flash the firmware as the print will not read the file if the firmware has the same name as the current one. Not a smart printer.

ReplyQuote