Notifications
Clear all

Printer goes to main menu stops printing but remains hot

Skosh07
(@skosh07)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have been printing with the ender 3 v2 for a few weeks now. This is the third time this has happen. I'll set up the printer and run my print I usually watch for 10 min to make sure everything sticks and is running smooth. After coming back out hours late my printer has stopped moving and has gone back to the main menu. The extruder and bed are still running at operating temps. 

Has anyone else had this happen and know of a fix?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@skosh07 I have met this situation before. When I wake up in the morning and want to check the print that I started yesterday evening. The nozzle stopped on the print path. The screen back to the main menu but I can not change it. The menu got stuck. I have to power off the restart again.

Then there is a notice asking me if I would like to resume to print. I guess that the power went out last night.

ReplyQuote
Skosh07
(@skosh07)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Yeah thats the same thing happening to me i restart it and thankfully it will ask if i want to start where i left off. I just have to snip the melted imprint left from the nozzle. If it is a power outage my PC should turn off as well but it doesn't. Do you think it can be something else? Last 3 prints it has happen to me which have been the last 3 days.

Anyways i appreciate the comment back and ill look into getting a Uninterruptible power Supply. Cant tell you how disheartening it is to come out the next day to see your printer was only printing for an hour in the 9 hours you were gone lol

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@skosh07 I fully understand what feeling it is. It supposed to be finished and I can go on with some other prints. But now, the project stopped for a half day.  Not sure what's happened with your printer, but for me, it did power off, and this thing only happened for one time. I guess something wrong with the firmware or power supply.

ReplyQuote
tundrwd
(@tundrwd)
Eminent Member Registered

I've had the same thing - and power gets bad at my location this time of year.  Lots of "micro" power hits, and brownouts.  I had so much electronic stuff die on me that several years ago I installed a "whole house" surge protector.  Shuts the entire house down if there's a voltage spike.

So now, everything runs off UPS that needs to.  Just got my E3V2 set up with a UPS - but seems there's an issue - turned the heat up on the bed, and have a constant "alarm".  Turns out it may be undervoltage (the UPS is a 440VA unit).  I've seen posts from others that a 720VA also has the same issue.  Still working/testing on this issue.

ReplyQuote