Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Ender 3 v2 Bed is sticking and stops

Fluffie Taz
(@fluffie-taz)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

My Ender 3 v2 worked perfectly up to today. For some reason when I try and print a raft or anything, the very first layer is perfect, but then when it tries to do the second layer, it sounds like the bed is sticking and starts printing in the wrong place. Attached picture shows what I mean. When I then cancel the project, the printer wont rehome, but making a juddering noise and stops. 

Its driving me crazy trying to sort this problem out and I'm sure its an easy fix as I have printed about 8 things from new and all have been perfect.

Many thanks for your help in this matter

Chris

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@fluffie-taz  Hello, first of all, you need to check the model in your slicer. I recommend you preview the nozzle movement in Cura. If the movement in Cura is the same as the real tracking of moving. If not, it may be a software problem. You need to reflash your firmware.

ReplyQuote
Fluffie Taz
(@fluffie-taz)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin 

Hi Kevin

This model I am printing is one I have printed twice before without any problems, its odd, I left the machine for about 4 days and the problems with the bed sticking and making that grinding noise started. The only way I can get the bed to actually move back to home is the loosen off the wheels under the bed so It wobbles and the wheels are barely touching the track. I literately have a hammer in my hand and ready the beat the crap out of it. But I wont 😛

Would re-flashing the firmware help with the bed?

Thank you for helping me

Chris

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@fluffie-taz I do not think so. This is a problem on the mechanical mechanism.

ReplyQuote
Fluffie Taz
(@fluffie-taz)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin 

Thank you so much for helping me. I have decided to contact the company I purchased it from as its less than a month old and I think you are right, its definitely mechanical as I have tried pretty much anything I can so hopefully then can either repair or supply me a new one and I will start again.

Keep up the good work and thank you again for your time

Chris

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@fluffie-taz  Hi, Chris. You are welcome. Hope you could fix the issue soon.

ReplyQuote