Notifications
Clear all

No Bed adhesion

Johnny55
(@johnny55)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I have had an Ender 3v2 since the start of November, and it was printing absolutely fine until around two weeks ago.  Now, it will not print a thing. It extrudes okay, but will not stick to the glass regardless of what I do.

I have tried recalibrating E-steps on the extruder, changing the Z offset, changing the dual gear mech, changing the Bowden tube, changing the nozzle (I have tried about 5) trying different filaments (Techbears black pla, and Sunlu PLA and PLA+ in black and white).  All of these printed fine previously, but now it will not stick.  I have tried temperature variations from 60 - 85 on the bed, and 192 - 235 on the filament.  Nothing seems to work.  Does anybody have any ideas?

ReplyQuote
tosio3D
(@tosio3d)
Cooling Fan Registered

Hi @johnny55,  how do you clean the glas bed after printing? I'm using Isopropanol liquid after each print. PLA first layer with 10..15mm/sec, no cooling. 65°,  I think you tried a lot of different temps so I assume it could be the glas cleaning.  Bed leveling ok?

ReplyQuote
Johnny55
(@johnny55)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@tosio3d Hi, I have tried Iso, acetone (nail polish remover) as well as soapy water. I have also reversed the glass so it is just the smooth side.  I have levelled the bed pretty much after every time I have changed something.  I have also tried hairspray for adhesion, as well as 3M blue decorators tape.

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
sergioguedes
(@sergioguedes)
Nozzle Registered

@johnny55

Hi,
I have the same problem, yesterday I made my first impression while printing started to come off the bed!
Could it be the temperature of the bed?
What temperature should the bed have?

Tanks

ReplyQuote
Johnny55
(@johnny55)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@sergioguedesHi, the bed "should" be around 60 for PLA

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@johnny55 The black side of the glass has better adhesion than the smooth side. And I personally don't clean the bed often as soap water may decrease the adhesion. 

To get a sticky first layer, you can change some settings in your slicer. (Cura as an example)

1. change initial layer height to 0.35.

2. increase the initial layer line width to 120%(experimental).

3. slow the first layer print speed to 10mm/s or less.

ReplyQuote
bh26
 bh26
(@bh26)
Screw Registered

Posted by: @eli-liu

@johnny55 The black side of the glass has better adhesion than the smooth side. And I personally don't clean the bed often as soap water may decrease the adhesion. 

To get a sticky first layer, you can change some settings in your slicer. (Cura as an example)

How would you do that with the creality cloud built-in slicer?

ReplyQuote
tosio3D
(@tosio3d)
Cooling Fan Registered

Hi @johnny55, how do you do with the glasbed now? An another thought came up: we got the glasbed with a thiny protective foil from stock. Did you remove that foil?

ReplyQuote
Johnny55
(@johnny55)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I have got it working now! I soaked the bed in Iso, re-levelled the bed again, and then used an .stl from Chep for bed levelling and first layer adhesion which you adjust on the fly. After an hour or so of constant adjustments it is now working again, and probably has better adhesion than I have ever had!

ReplyQuote
tundrwd
(@tundrwd)
Cooling Fan Registered

@johnny55

As insurance - you can try the Elmer's Disappearing Purple glue stick.  I got mine working after a week and a half using that.    I've also found that it cleans right up using the original formula Windex, lightly scrape the goop off with a razor blade, and wipe clean.  Then isopropyl to wrap up, re-apply glue stick.

Johnny55 liked
ReplyQuote
billious
(@billious)
Screw Registered

Posted by: @eli-liu

Only just got my printer last week, but been fighting to get prints to stick, managed a couple of prints that got through after a bit a a messy first layer, but generally nothing would stick. Constant bed leveling, leveling test prints (direct from gcode) all looks good, but prints from Cura wouldn't stick. 

Changed the settings as above and boom, printed straight away. Hoping this will keep working for me, but best result I have had so far.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up