Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] New User 3d printing problems (First Layer)

Stavros
(@stavros)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello i have my ender3 v2 4 days now.

I always fail on my prints

My 1st layer have a lifting issue, or never stays on the bed 

i tried to use 210 / 70 Celsius on the 1st layer and speed 15 mm/s
and after  205 / 60 and different speeds 
my first layers height is set to 0.2 mm

i was leveling the bed for 40 minutes using many videos from youtube as guides
i am using ATHENA PLA from Neemad

whats wrong???

ReplyQuote
Stavros
(@stavros)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

and here is my xyz cube

ReplyQuote
majestry
(@majestry)
Active Member Registered

Hello.

First, your bed is too hot, i think.

I print with 55 or 60 max for first layer, then 55. Hotend is 205 for first layer and 200 for next.

Your first image looks like the plastic is smashed into the bed (nozzle is too close to the bed.)

How did you made the calibration? Using normal A4 sheet of paper (80g/m2)? And remember to do the calibration only with heated nozzle and bed. Set them to temperatures you print usually, wait 2-4 minutes and then do the calibration. The nozzle should scratch the sheet of paper, but you still should be able to move it.

This post was modified 7 months ago by majestry

Stavros and 3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote
SolidEdge-er
(@solidedge-er)
New Member Registered

Is the build plate really clean? Try a bath with dish-washing liquid. Dry it with a clean towel.

If your leveling is ok this should work with 15 mm/s and 200/60 for PLA.

Personally I prefer the glass side of the plate and cleaning with ISO Propyl alcohol on the cold plate.  

Stavros and 3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

The temperatures are ok, I also use 75 for first layer and 65 for rest of the print. Lower than 55 it will come loose from the bed sometimes.
Cleaning with dish-washing liquid is best indeed. I only use IPA, alcohol or acetone in between small print jobs but dish-washing liquid for bigger print jobs wich I don't want to fail.

I also think your nozzle is too close to the bed. My first layers looks like this (other printer but same type of building plate).

squished to the bed, not totally flatten as in your picture.

Stavros liked
ReplyQuote
Stavros
(@stavros)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

THX all of you for your answers!

I cleaned my bed with dish soap and now its more rare to have lifting issues.

i use a regular A4 for the leveling, thx for letting me know that i m very close to the bed and that i am smashing my 1st layer, i will try to lower the bed a little more...

Do i have to stop the leveling exact after a small amount of vibration feeling on the paper from the nozzle or do i have to clap the paper with the nozzle on the bed but barely can move the paper on the bed? (now i do the second one)

I will send you my progress...

Thx again for helping me!

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

Posted by: @stavros

Do i have to stop the leveling exact after a small amount of vibration feeling on the paper from the nozzle or do i have to clap the paper with the nozzle on the bed but barely can move the paper on the bed? (now i do the second one)

Slightly feeling grip from nozzle on paper is enough, so the first option. When pulling the paper away and the nozzle ticks onto the plate you're too close. It's also possible to fine-tune the nozzle distance when printing the the first skirt lines. You will develop feeling what is the best printing hight, at the end you don't even need paper anymore   ? 

Stavros liked
ReplyQuote
Stavros
(@stavros)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I thing i found my settings (i also changed the speed for the 1st layer to 7mm/s) and i bought a new filament, better quality and that helped a lot also!

Thank you all for your help and thank you again @3nderuser

ReplyQuote