Clear all

My printer has started having issues with prints

Veritas
(@veritas)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Pictures here, with another picture at the bottom

https://imgur.com/a/b21ivfs

I've had my printer basically printing 24/7 since February 15th. For the most part other than some annoying bed leveling issues prints have been flawless. Every few weeks I'll run into an issue that needed fixing (like the plastic extruder or 4.2.2 layer shifting mobo) but for the most part, there are solutions.

Last week a few things started happening:
1. My hotend fan started dying. It would start "twitching" when turning on and seemed to be weaker overall.
2. As I was printing a large tray, my nozzle clogged and for the rest of the print (while asleep) I had severe underextruding.

I fixed the hotend fan by replacing it with a new Orion fan. It seems to be working well. The problem is, something has happened where my first layer has either stringiness or bumps. Google and support forums tell me to clean my bed, move my nozzle away from my bed, etc - But I don't think that's the problem (IPA on the way from amazon).

I've literally printed the same tray twice before the one that failed - Something has changed drastically about my printer. Like, I could understand if the bed started getting dirty I'd begin to see signs of bed adhesion issues. But this went from perfect to problems everywhere instantly.

It's not a level bed issue. I've been leveling the bed perfectly fine for months using the exact same method. I've even tried slightly raising and slightly lowering the bed. Nothing has changed in my printer settings - No refraction changes. In fact, the same tray that I printed twice printed PERFECTLY the first two times and then only began having issues the third time.

Something has broken on my printer - What could it be?

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Veritas

ReplyQuote
Veritas
(@veritas)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Opened up my hotend. Looks like there's a gap between the tube and nozzle causing PLA to leak onto the hotend. I've cleaned it off completely and will see if it fixes the issue.

ReplyQuote
Veritas
(@veritas)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Looks like that was it. Cleaning the hotend fixed my prints again.

ReplyQuote