Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Layer Shift, Ender 3 V2

Page 17 / 25

voltarwe
(@voltarwe)
Active Member Registered

The problem of layer-shift is solved ?. Got the v4.2.7 board and after installing the v4.2.7 firmware it performs like it suppoost to do. its a little bit louder when printing, specifically in large curves.  

ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)
Eminent Member Registered

@voltarwe

Which firmware does it have? Somehow my original v2 with factory firmware did the same, made some whining sounds when moving in circles (just when both axis is moving at the same time I guess). But when I tried to fix the layer shifting with firmware update, I updated with the latest bugfix branch, and then this noise was gone..

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

Damn that bloody Creality  ? 

First they sent me another faulty 4.2.2 board as replacement ? 
Now they start asking stupid questions like printing that stupid dog from SD card to show what is wrong with printer, altough layer shifts only occurs in bigger prints and i've already sent them video of the printer skipping steps with "clunck" sound.

Today they asked me to measure stepper resistance but I had already told them I fixed the issue by installing the newly bought 4.2.7 mainboard.

Are they really that stupid there, or only playing stupid ? 

ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)

So basically they still have no idea what's going on at all.. Incredible

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

Posted by: @demon85

So basically they still have no idea what's going on at all.. Incredible

I think they know very well what's going on.
Maybe the answers I got from them where auto generated responses because so many customers complaining, or they trying to frustrate customers so they look elsewhere for solution.
Everytime you have to wait several days for answer, and evantually you get an answer that makes no sense.
Got same stupid anwers from Creality store where I bought the 4.2.7 mainboard.
As if they don't even have read the messages I've sent them.

ReplyQuote
Gerards
(@gerards)
New Member Registered

I had the same problem last weekend on my recently bought ender 3 MAX printer.

Before printing real things, i printed the xyz cube, the benchy etc. looked fine altogether, realy good quality out printing off the box

When i started this job of multiple objects after several hours and about a 100meters of filament the printjob shifted DRASTICly see the pictures 

If you like i can attach the gcode file as wel, but per post it seems i can only attach 1 file

Can this be solved by upgrading the firmware?

Ifso which should i download? for my printer?

Regards

Gerards

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)

@3nderuser I didn’t get any sensible answers from Creality either, other that doing tests etc. I did suggest to them stop selling printers with boards other than v4.2.7.

Anyway, my reseller was more reasonable, they’re going to arrange a pickup for a return soon. I had an Anet A8 diy version previously, ok its not great, but at least I don’t get serious problems with it.

Creality Ender 5 Pro

ReplyQuote
Ventura_Kid
(@ventura_kid)

Although they haven't answered my request for the 4.2.7 board, I just received it in the mail.  

Now I need to figure out how to install it. Hopefully it is plug and play. 

ReplyQuote
Ventura_Kid
(@ventura_kid)

@voltarwe 

where did you find the firmware update instructions? I just got a 4.2.7 board from creality.

No instructions. Maybe it's just plug and play.

ReplyQuote
ThePrimarch
(@theprimarch)
Active Member Registered

@ventura_kid The one I previously received from Creality tech support in response to this issue (see my earlier post) was completely plug and play.  It was a 4.2.7 labeled as an ender 3 v2 board.

Also, since installing it I have run at least a dozen prints 5hrs or longer.  No more shift.

ReplyQuote
ThePrimarch
(@theprimarch)
Active Member Registered

@gerards This doesn't look like the same kind of layer shift others in this thread have experienced as a result of the bad motherboards.  Those shifts have been less than 1mm between layers. This looks much worse.

ReplyQuote
3dmaxmaster
(@3dmaxmaster)
New Member Registered

Here is my happy ending story...

I bought a refurbished ender3v2 with the 4.2.2 board in December 2020 on Amazon for about $215. After 1month, I noticed the layer shifts more obviously. I called Amazon Customer Service and explained about the problem since they are the 'seller' (not comgrow) and they agreed to refund me about small % of the purchase price (roughly $40, which I used to get a new 4.2.7 board. I installed the board(firmware was 1.0.1 btw). Afterwards, no more layer shifts on the factory setup so far (last 2 days) on prints that normally will be full of shifts. No need extra cooling or leaving the top of the motherboard open anymore.  No more thunk noises either.  See picture.

Thus, upgrade if you can get a total awesome deal... for free. For $40, it worth it too.

see my before (left) and after (right) examples.

ReplyQuote
voltarwe
(@voltarwe)
Active Member Registered

@ventura_kid

i only got the new board no instructions. on the website from Creality you can find an bin file. this is a file form augustus 2020. based on Marlin 1.0.  That was to old for me, so i used internet to create a bin file of de bugfix 2.0.7 something branche, so the latest firmware there is. 

ReplyQuote
Praetorian
(@praetorian)
New Member Registered

Nice to see I'm not the only one, after 1 month of use my Ender 3 v2 also began with skipping layers on the X and Y axis, loud CLUNK noise and you know the print has failed.

If you look at the placement of the motherboard and take in consideration that heat rises, it's very odd to place it upside down.

I hope Creality offers a solution because my Ender 3 v2 is now unusable!

ReplyQuote
ThePrimarch
(@theprimarch)
Active Member Registered

@praetorian  It seems the v4.2.7 mainboard is the solution, and it works even in the original enclosure, positioned upside-down as the v4.2.2 comes shipped from the factory.  Specifically request a v4.2.7 board from customer service.  They may ask you to measure some stuff, send photos or video, but ultimately they seem to be shipping v4.2.7 boards no charge to customers that request them. 

ReplyQuote
Page 17 / 25