Forum

 

Notifications
Clear all

Layer Shift, Ender 3 V2

Page 15 / 25

Ivo-tje
(@ivo-tje)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 10
 

@pim

 

Had the same options from 123-3d, but you can't call them, they don't answer mails.

If they are wiling to send me the v2 with the new board, guess I'm happy with that solution 😉

Till I get answers, I will wait.


ReplyQuote
3D Printer
(@3d-printer)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 7
 
Posted by: @ivo-tje

@pim

 

Had the same options from 123-3d, but you can't call them, they don't answer mails.

If they are wiling to send me the v2 with the new board, guess I'm happy with that solution 😉

Till I get answers, I will wait.

Same situation here: received the same options as @Pim, but they don't answer phone calls and they don't answer e-mails. I offered them the same: send the V2 with the new board - no response.

I will post back here once they reply.

 


ReplyQuote
Pim
 Pim
(@pim)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 5
 

@rob65 I'm debating my options. I had a brief contact over Facebook, but was only redirected back to my email. I respect the difficulties that the covid-19 situation brings along, but cutting down to just email is perhaps not the smartest move. 

Regarding your comments about the v2 and their offer of going for the 3pro...I can only agree. one extra glass plate does not magically create a totally better printer. I want the more silent board, steppers and better chip. So if they can ship me the printer, along with the 4.2.7 board I'll gladly keep my order active. If not, and the troubles with the v2 remain questionable...I'm thinking of canceling my order.

Other options for a printer, would perhaps be to upgrade to a cr-20 pro. At a price of 290/310 from a quick search that I have done. But I have not done much research towards that model compared to ender 3's. 
Advice in this, would be very much appreciated.

@Ivo-tje it's probably a very busy time for them, so patience is the game to play. But communication is what will keep you as a returning customer. 


Ivo-tje liked
ReplyQuote
3D Printer
(@3d-printer)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 7
 

Update:

123-3D replied. In short:

- They cannot send the 4.2.7 board as replacement part with the V2 - you have to buy the 4.2.7 board separately. Their argument is that the manufacturer Creality has to confirm first that the 4.2.7 is the official fix for the problem. Until then, they can't do anything.

- They offer to send me the faulty V2 without any compensation whatsoever, be it financially (a discount, so I can use that money to buy the 4.2.7 board) or in replacement parts (by providing the 4.2.7 board themselves). Both options would have been acceptable to me, but they refuse.

- The only other option they give is to 1) get the 3 Pro with a 4.2.2. board instead or to cancel the order entirely for a refund. They do not offer any valid solution for delivering the printer I initially ordered: a properly functioning V2.

They expect clients who have been waiting for many weeks to pay an additional EUR 60,- for the 4.2.7 board just to get the V2 printer working correctly.

If anyone else has also heard back from 123-3D, I'd be interested to read it.

 

 

 


ReplyQuote
Pim
 Pim
(@pim)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 5
 
Posted by: @ivo-tje

@pim

 

Had the same options from 123-3d, but you can't call them, they don't answer mails.

If they are wiling to send me the v2 with the new board, guess I'm happy with that solution 😉

Till I get answers, I will wait.

So I received a reply from my reseller, and they are sticking to their previous offer.
Wait, until Creality comes with an option; --> Uncertain when that happens.
Accept the printer as is; But then having to pay/order the 4.2.7 board (40euro's)
Downgrade to a ender 3Pro; Not an option.
Money back; Certainly an option, and upgrade to a CR-20 Pro ?

I'm not wanting to wait for the update by Creality. 
Accepting it as is, and buying the mainboard myself, makes 230+40=270euro's for the printer.
I don't care for the 3 Pro
Money back and upgrade to CR20? The step up from the 270euros to a CR-20 Pro then isn't that steep anymore.

So, if things that I value (A bed level, a silent printer, a small footprint (cr20 is smaller), options for octoprint) opting for the cr20 might not be a bad option.
Or, am I overlooking something? From what I've see so far about it, there is a lot less people out there with this model, and hence (community-)support might be a little less available.

I'm curious to hear thoughts about this.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Pim

ReplyQuote
3D Printer
(@3d-printer)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 7
 
Posted by: @pim
Posted by: @ivo-tje

@pim

 

Had the same options from 123-3d, but you can't call them, they don't answer mails.

If they are wiling to send me the v2 with the new board, guess I'm happy with that solution 😉

Till I get answers, I will wait.

So I received a reply from my reseller, and they are sticking to their previous offer.
Wait, until Creality comes with an option; --> Uncertain when that happens.
Accept the printer as is; But then having to pay/order the 4.2.7 board (40euro's)
Downgrade to a ender 3Pro; Not an option.
Money back; Certainly an option, and upgrade to a CR-20 Pro ?

I'm not wanting to wait for the update by Creality. 
Accepting it as is, and buying the mainboard myself, makes 230+40=270euro's for the printer.
I don't care for the 3 Pro
Money back and upgrade to CR20? The step up from the 270euros to a CR-20 Pro then isn't that steep anymore.

So, if things that I value (A bed level, a silent printer, a small footprint (cr20 is smaller), options for octoprint) opting for the cr20 might not be a bad option.
Or, am I overlooking something? From what I've see so far about it, there is a lot less people out there with this model, and hence (community-)support might be a little less available.

I'm curious to hear thoughts about this.

Hi @Pim,

You received the exact same e-mail I did from 123-3D and I think about their offer the same as you do. Waiting till Creality themselves come with an option is too uncertain. Paying an additional 40-60 euros (depending on where you buy it) goes against my principle i.e. you should get a working printer for the original price. Downgrading to 3 Pro to me isn't a bad idea; it seems much more stable with less reported problems than the V2 and has tremendous community support. Still, my first choice is the V2. Money back seems the only way out here, and then ordering it at a different reseller once problem has been resolved in all new printers. You are correct about the CR-20; I also researched it. There seem to be far less people using it and you don't really get significant changes vs. the V2 for the extra money (in my opinion).

 


ReplyQuote
RobTempX
(@robtempx)
New Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 3
 

Hi All,

I also bought an Ender 3 V2 from 123-3D and got the same mail that there is an issue with it and got the same options.

They have to fix it, but at least you know there is a solution which is, worst case, buy a 4.2.7 board yourself which is not very expensive.

I replied that I want the printer and asked to send it to me, but expect that if it is a hardware issue new parts will be send and I will install it myself.

Sadly no response yet, and I took the day off today to start building it :-/


ReplyQuote
3D Printer
(@3d-printer)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 7
 
Posted by: @robtempx

I replied that I want the printer and asked to send it to me, but expect that if it is a hardware issue new parts will be send and I will install it myself.

Sadly no response yet, and I took the day off today to start building it :-/

@robtempx,

Welcome to the club. ? The problem is indeed hardware related (the 4.2.7 board fixes it) + 123-3D has sent out e-mails to customers saying that they will not issue new parts. As you asked them to send the faulty V2 to you - be wary.


ReplyQuote
RobTempX
(@robtempx)
New Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 3
 

Thanks, 3D printer2

Just received an email from them. They will send the v2 today. They will inform me when they have the solution from Creality and they will send me new parts when necessary. Also told me I will have normal warranty on it. credits to them.

 


ReplyQuote
GwnXander
(@gwnxander)
New Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 3
 

So make an clear thing now, Does a better bigger fan on the motherboard work? Or do i need to get the other motherboard? I orderd the v2 from creality3d 2 days ago.


ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 114
 
Posted by: @gwnxander

So make an clear thing now, Does a better bigger fan on the motherboard work? Or do i need to get the other motherboard? I orderd the v2 from creality3d 2 days ago.

A bigger fan reduces the layer shifts, but they eventually occures anyway. It's not a 100% solution to make it an reliable printer. Only fix for this problem is mainboard replacement, but maybe you are lucky and your v2 doesn't have this problem.


ReplyQuote
RobTempX
(@robtempx)
New Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 3
 

As I read the messages here, cooling seems to help but is not the solution.

Just use it and see if you have the problem (probably you will), then complain with creality3d as you bought it there. Say that it is a known problem and try to get the 4.2.7 board from them.

Some people here bought the v2 with a company in the Netherlands and that company is interacting with Creality direct for a solution. If there is a solution we will give an update. You can then always refer to this solution. I don't know how long it will take. In the mean time I will just get familiar with the printer and try out calibration stuff and print small things. If it takes to long for me I will just buy the 4.2.7 board myself.

 


ReplyQuote
GwnXander
(@gwnxander)
New Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 3
 

I also buyed it with 123 3D but decided to cancel after the problems i thought that it only was a problem with the batch from 123 🙁


ReplyQuote
kwilliams
(@kwilliams)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 5
 
Posted by: @gwnxander

I also buyed it with 123 3D but decided to cancel after the problems i thought that it only was a problem with the batch from 123 🙁

Same situation here, 123-3D.nl has been very open and helpful regarding the issue so kudos to them at least.

Hope a resolution comes soon otherwise I might have to look for an alternative printer.


ReplyQuote
majestry
(@majestry)
Active Member Registered
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 5
 

 My Ender worked fine during the last 1.5 months, about 200 hours of prints total. 6-8 hours long prints were fine. The first time the problem occurred a week ago with a 9 hour print and now i even cannot print a railway track which is 10cm long and lasts 2 hours (but it was successfully printed a month ago), but can print small cube with sides 3*3*3 which also lasts 2 hours. So, what I'm thinking about is - can we be sure that the new 4.2.7 board will not start shifting after 1-2 months? I'm pretty sure that with new 4.2.7 or with new 4.2.2 i'll get the same results after the month of prints. The heat will still be gathered in the top of board enclosure, near the drivers.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by majestry

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 25