Layer Shift, Ender 3 V2

366 Posts
87 Users
44 Likes
44.6 K Views
seitretre
(@seitretre)
Eminent Member

Well, after some very angry emails and after my promise to report to local authorities all this stuff, they said they’ve sent me a spare 4.2.7 board.

Tracking codes seem to be consistent, let’s see what I will receive.

ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)
Eminent Member

@seitretre

Well I can’t find any specifically for v2.. So now I’m confused

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @demon85

@seitretre

Well I can’t find any specifically for v2.. So now I’m confused

You can order the 4.2.7 for the Ender 3 or 3 Pro. It’s all the same board, the only different is the pre-loaded firmware. You have to reflash that by yourself with the suitable v2 firmware.

But DON’T order board for Ender 5, then you get the wrong 1.1.5 version.

seitretre reacted
ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)
Eminent Member

@3nderuser

Thanks for info! I give it a chance, as my reseller is willing to pay the board for me if I get one, as they don’t have any.

ReplyQuote
Rob65
(@rob65)

I just received an email from a friend telling that our local distributor (123-3D.nl) just received a new batch of v2 units. They did an in-house test and discovered that these new printers still have this problem. They are now in contact with Creality to identify a solution.

I’m getting curious as to what has changed since November.

Can it be that hard to identify, and fix, the problem or is Creality just stubborn ?

ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)
Eminent Member

It’s incredible that Creality still sending out faulty printers..

ReplyQuote
Pim
 Pim
(@pim)

Posted by: @rob65

I just received an email from a friend telling that our local distributor (123-3D.nl) just received a new batch of v2 units. They did an in-house test and discovered that these new printers still have this problem. They are now in contact with Creality to identify a solution.

I’m getting curious as to what has changed since November.

Can it be that hard to identify, and fix, the problem or is Creality just stubborn ?

I ordered the v2 three days ago and received a message from 123-3.nl that they experienced these problems and therefore did not sent the printer. I have the options of:
1) Getting the printer
2) Wait until the problem is fixed
3) Get an Ender 3 pro, with upgraded glass print plate, some spray and filament
4) Get my order canceled and receive a refund.

There is no mention of an option for the updated 4.2.7 board that has been mentioned in other posts. As this is going to be my first printer I’m now doubting about what to do.

Get the printer, try and get the updated motherboard, as people are commenting positive experiences. 
Or, look at another printer, but trying to to exceed the initial budget?

ReplyQuote
seitretre
(@seitretre)
Eminent Member

It depends on you.

If you have time and will to struggle with a company that is selling a defectuous printer, go ahead with this. You will receive a faulty product and you will have to invest time and money to fix the problem.

Here people says that 4.2.7 board is the solution but you will have to install it by yourself and at your own risk.

I still haven’t receivied the 4.2.7 board that Creality has shipped some days ago, I will keep you informed.

If you want a product with warranty and an adequate customer service, look for another printer. It is not normal to ask to customers to dismount a printer, regulate voltages and so on. Not everybody of us is capable to do it.

This post was modified 2 years ago by seitretre

ReplyQuote
Rob65
(@rob65)

@pim, the 4.2.7 board is currently sold out at 123-3D.

The Ender 3 Pro is a different printer. Even if the offer to add the glass plate, you still don’t get the belt tensioners and the electronics may be different. I’m not absolutely sure but I have read on a number of forums that you get new electronics with old stepper drivers making more noise.
Hence I think that getting the Pro instead of a v2 is like getting a VW Golf instead of a Pasat ? 

I think there are only 2 good options: one is to wait for 123-3D to get this problem solved with Creality and the other one is to get a refund.
The 5th option they offer is to get a voucher and select a different printer. Given the fact that Creality seems unable to get this fixed by themselves (apparently they are still shipping printers even when they know there is a problem) that could also be an option but then you get into a completely different game (and price range)

By the way kudo’s to 123-3D for checking this new batch of printers. This will save us and them a lot of problems.

voltarwe reacted
ReplyQuote
majestry
(@majestry)

I also now have the problem with layer shift on Y axis. Motor becomes hot as sun.

After i decided to take a look on motherboard… Well, i was very sirprised with how does the radiator for Y axis driver is attached… Just look on the photo (radiators are from left to right: X driver, Y driver, Z driver, E driver )

P.S. Official Creality customer support now has Chinese New Year holidays. So, no response before the 26th of February…

This post was modified 2 years ago by majestry

ReplyQuote
seitretre
(@seitretre)
Eminent Member

Hey there, I am very happy today, for the first time.

I’ve just received a 4.2.7 board from the customer service. It has arrived in just 4 days in Spain.

The printer finally is working good, no layer shifts.

ReplyQuote
ChardarYGO
(@chardarygo)

Creality offered to send me a replacement 4.2.2 board, which I guess if it were from a different production might resolve the problem? I’m going to say that if that’s the best option I will try it, but that from what I’ve seen thee 4.2.7 board has been shown to be more effective. Has anyone tried replacing the board with another 4.2.2 yet?

ReplyQuote
3D Printer
(@3d-printer)

Hello everyone,

I also ordered my first 3D printer, the Ender 3 V2, at 123-3D.nl mid January and was told the delivery would be in the last week of January, it then got extended till first week of February. I received the same standard e-mail as @Pim and everyone else who ordered one in this time period. I was quite surprised to find so many people on this forum with the same problem. They stated that they tested the newly received batch of printers and that they have the exact same problem as before: layer shifting due to overheated stepper drivers. Good of them to test the units first, yes!

However, they didn’t say that a 4.2.7 mainboard would fix it (yet they clearly knew this was the solution, as they sent out replacement 4.2.7 boards to other members of this forum) – I had to find that out myself by finding this forum thread on Google and reading through 13 pages of posts. Anyway, I’m glad I found this information – at least now I know what’s technically wrong with the printers and how it can be solved.

I have e-mailed 123-3D.nl multiple times now but they haven’t come back to me with a definitive solution yet. They went silent after the initial status update e-mail. I also can’t reach them by phone, so I’m quite unhappy with the communication the last few days. On 123-3D.nl’s website, the 4.2.7 board is sold out (typical…) and the Ender 3 Pro they offered me as a replacement, is also sold out. It seems the only sensible thing to do at this point is to get a full refund and try to order the V2 (with confirmed 4.2.7 board) elsewhere or get the Ender 3 Pro elsewhere and buy the 4.2.7 board separately on Amazon for EUR 40,- (plenty in stock there and also cheaper than 123-3D.nl).

I will post back here what solution they offered me in the end – still waiting for their reply.

Back in January when I was still looking which 3D printer I would go for in this price range, the only logical choice was the V2. The price difference was only EUR 40 or so, so why not get the latest model with some upgrades, I thought. I have really changed my mind since then, due to all the issues with the V2 that came to light. I agree with @Rob65 and others’ arguments that the V2 has some doubtful engineering going on as to the unlogical location of certain parts and components. I have watched several YouTube videos where they compare the V2 against the 3 Pro in detail. The only real advantages the V2 had over the 3 Pro (in my opinion) is the larger display and the stock 32 bit board. However, you can buy the 4.2.7 32 bit board for EUR 40,- (which is exactly the price difference between the V2 and 3 Pro) and upgrade it to a 32-bit printer, which makes it equal to the V2 in my opinion, both in price and functionality. And you can print the belt tensioners and many other upgrades from Thingiverse yourself. In conclusion: if I had known this back in January, I would have bought the 3 Pro and the 32 bit board for the same price instead of getting the V2.

ReplyQuote
Rob65
(@rob65)

@3d-printer,

In my opinion you are being unfair towards 123-3D.

I have not read about 123-3D sending new main boards to their customers (the posts I read are all directly shipped from Creality) and 123-3D sold a lot of those printers so I think they are flooded with emails with complaints from customers. They are talking to Creality and I am hoping they will have more leverage to get this fixed than we, as individual customers, have.

A yes, Amazon…
Don’t forget that Amazon has a lot of ‘external’ stores selling product through their platform and the two companies that I found which are selling those cheap 4.2.7 boards are companies located in, or shipping directly from, Shenzen.

Please let us keep this thread about the technical issues and acknowledge that there are distributors who are now leveraging this issue with Creality to get it fixed.
If anyone is to blame then it would be Creality since they seem to be shipping a product of which they know there are problems with …

ReplyQuote
3D Printer
(@3d-printer)

Posted by: @sennevds

@voltarwe @rob65 ik heb mijn V2 ook bij 123-3d gekocht en heb enkele weken geleden het 4.2.7 board ontvangen wat perfect werkt! Perfecte service van hun kant!

@Rob65, see the post above from sennevds: ordered the printer at 123-3d and received a 4.2.7 board as service, and now the printer works perfectly. So not only Creality is sending out new boards, dealers as well.

I agree that Creality is to blame for sending out faulty V2 printers in the first place and for suggesting quick fixes such as to use a heavier fan and checking voltages, whereas the faulty main board 4.2.2. is the real problem.

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 25