ReplyQuote
DerekPeace
(@derekpeace)
Heating Block Registered

Posted by: @demon85

Just checked this:
https://www.creality3dofficial.com/products/creality-silent-mainboard-v4-2-7

I wonder why they say there: "Notice: Not applicable to Ender 3 V2 "

Not sure, but I should be able to tell you today if I find a reason it doesn't work.

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
BL Touch Registered

Because the Ender 3v2 already has a silent board of course, that board wouldn't be an upgrade.

ReplyQuote
DerekPeace
(@derekpeace)
Heating Block Registered

Posted by: @3nderuser

Because the Ender 3v2 already has a silent board of course, that board wouldn't be an upgrade.

It doesn't come with the v4.2.7 as linked above.

ReplyQuote
DerekPeace
(@derekpeace)
Heating Block Registered

Posted by: @bagristask

PS: If I buy a new 4.2.7 board do I have to upload a version of Marlin? or will I take it out of the box, load the connectors, connect it and move on? : D

I got my new 4.2.7 board today! It appears that mine was shipped with the latest version on their site for the 4.2.7- version 1.0.1

Off to do a print test.

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
BL Touch Registered

Posted by: @derekpeace
Posted by: @3nderuser

It doesn't come with the v4.2.7 as linked above.

But it still isn't a upgrade over the 4.2.2 board. The boards are functionally wise the same.

Good luck with you print test 😊 Hopefully it's a print that has given you problems earlier.

ReplyQuote
ThePrimarch
(@theprimarch)
Nozzle Registered

Following as I have the same issue on a E3V2 purchased in December.  Opening up the case improved layer shift along the x-axis and a bit along y, but not entirely.  Also getting a lot of halted prints.

In touch with customer support, same set of suggestions.  Open up the case to see if more air will help, and they'll send a new fan if so.  Otherwise check the half-dozen or so other items in the troubleshooting list.

ReplyQuote
Ventura_Kid
(@ventura_kid)
Heating Block Registered

I have the covers off, and a large fan next to the printer. I too have random halted prints. There are less level shifts, but the halted prints still exist. I don't think a larger fan is the solution. 

Are the newer boards working ? Are they the solution?  

This post was modified 2 months ago by Ventura_Kid

ReplyQuote
seitretre
(@seitretre)
Cooling Fan Registered

@derekpeace

Yes, because that is for ender 3, 3 pro and 5.

You have to buy the one for ender 3 v2. Maybe the only difference is the firmware installed.

ReplyQuote
seitretre
(@seitretre)
Cooling Fan Registered

@ventura_kid

All people here that installed 4.2.7 say that they have solved the problem

ReplyQuote
DerekPeace
(@derekpeace)
Heating Block Registered

Add another name to the solved list! The first large print after installing my new v4.2.7 came out absolutely perfectly. Same model that was very wavy with no cooling solution, then about 75% better after opening up the case to allow for better airflow, now 100% better after installing the new mobo.

I will keep you guys updated with other prints I have lined up.

ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)
Cooling Fan Registered

@derekpeace

Good to hear that. I'm curious, this print was with closed cover and no extra fans?

ReplyQuote
BagristaSK
(@bagristask)
Nozzle Registered

they also contacted me I want to send me a new fan so I wrote them that I insist on a new board so I hope it will turn out well

ReplyQuote
ThePrimarch
(@theprimarch)
Nozzle Registered

I asked customer service specifically for a new motherboard, and they replied saying that they will send a new motherboard and fan.  We'll see how it goes!

ReplyQuote
DerekPeace
(@derekpeace)
Heating Block Registered

@demon85

My first 12 hour test print was with the new board, stock fan with no extra fans helping, mobo case bolted together but was separate from the chassis (sitting beside it).

I am now running a second 11 hour test print with the new board, stock fan with no extra fans helping, and the mobo case bolted together and bolted to the chassis as it came from the factory.

nathan and Demon85 liked
ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 19
Scroll Up