Notifications
Clear all

I’ve leveled my bed many times as others described. What am I doing wrong?

HeyItsKj
(@heyitskj)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have leveled my bed many times at this point. It is still printing strangely. I’ve trouble shot many possible issues. I just got my Ender 3 Pro V2 3 days ago and I set it up the same way others did on youtube. Any help would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
HeyItsKj
(@heyitskj)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Attempt #2 and leveling it a bit while it was printing.

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Eminent Member Registered

@heyitskj
I don't think there's anything wrong with your bed levelling. Even though the prints are bad, they are consistent over the entire bed/print area.
I presume you're doing the bed levelling whilst HOT (at printing temperatures)?
You don't appear to have a good 'squish', which means your nozzle is too far above the bed.
Use the menus to perform an auto-home, then use the Move menu to move Z to 0.
Use the Z-offset menu to lower the Z-offset in SMALL steps until the levelling paper is just gripped.
SAVE the Z-offset value.
Print another first layer pattern and use the Tune menu to further adjust the Z-offset a SMALL amount at a time until the layer lines start to just blend together at the sides. When you're done and the print has finished, SAVE the Z-offset value again.
You should now get good first layer patterns every time.
You might prefer to change your firmware to one of the new Jyers/Marlin versions, which will not only give you some excellent bed levelling/Z-offset facilities and many other useful things, it will also save any settings to Eeprom, which will save you messing with uSD cards to maintain settings.
I suggest you start off with item 9 on the Jyers list, which is the standard firmware for a V2.
When you get used to it, you may wish to use one of the mesh levelling versions or even add a BLTouch, but do get used to your printer first.

https://github.com/Jyers/Marlin/releases

ReplyQuote
HeyItsKj
(@heyitskj)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@wurlitzerwilly Thank you for the feedback. I will try your suggestions in the morning! I will reply back with progress.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@wurlitzerwilly Hi, Alan? I like your answer,it is very clear and useful! Thanks for your sharing.

ReplyQuote
HeyItsKj
(@heyitskj)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I recently bought a BLTouch off of Amazon (Creality BL Touch 3D Printer Upgraded Auto Bed Leveling Sensor Kit for Cr-10 / Ender 3 / Ender 3 Pro/Ender 5 / Ender 5pro / CR 10S / CR-10 S4/S5/CR 20/20 Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082HWLNBD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4FFW8Z69XPYZX7Q8EF9R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) and a glass bed (Creality Ender 3 Glass Bed... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RD6D2ZQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share). I followed the instructions for the BLTouch and installed the correct firmware. To my surprise everything works. But it still does not fix my issue of bad prints.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@heyitskj Hi, friend, Would you mind sending me your model file or G-code to have a test? As I am not sure what is your print suppose to be.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up