Notifications
Clear all

Heated bed shuts off during printing

Rumble_Mike
(@rumble_mike)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm trying to  start printing on my new Ender 3 V2. The bed leveling seems to be good. The initial few layers are done nicely, but then all of the sudden the heated bed shuts down to 0°. At that point the print comes loose from the glas and it's all over.
I just can't seem to find wat causes this. The g-code is correct only at the end the heated bed is set to M140 S0. It hapens with all the prints.

For other printers I found some economy issues, but for as far as I can tell there is no energy saving mode on the Ender 3 V2.
Board is 4.2.2, firmware 1.0.2 without BL touch.

Maby one of you has a clue how to fix this.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@rumble_mike Please try to print another model and see if the situation is the same as the initial few layers are done nicely, but suddenly the heated bed shuts down to 0°? 

ReplyQuote
Rumble_Mike
(@rumble_mike)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have tried diferent models, even the cat and dog that were provided. They did the same.

Now I've set the printbed manual to 60° before printing and it seems to keep the temperature during printing. Strange...

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Eminent Member Registered

@rumble_mike

You're right, there is no energy saving mode per se, although I suppose you could class shutting things down at the end of a print 'energy saving'. 🙂

Are you printing from the uSD card that came with the printer? If so, copy its contents onto your PC, then throw the uSD card away. Buy a new brand name uSD card no bigger than 32GB and format it FAT32, then copy your saved files back.

You may well find that the uSD card is the culprit. The stock ones are poor quality and unreliable.

Another question: When the bed heater goes off, what does the display say? It will normally display the intended temperature and the actual temperature. When the bed heater goes off, I'd expect to see the actual temperature start to lower, but the intended temperature is more important. If that goes to 0, the heater is being instructed to go off. If it stays at the intended print temperature (say) 60 degrees, then it's more likely that either the heater's faulty or (more likely) there's a loose connection to the heater, or part broken cable which is exacerbated by the movement of the bed.

ReplyQuote
SiVa
 SiVa
(@siva)
Active Member Registered

I have a similar experience. After switching on the cold bed heating to 95 ° C (ABS material), after reaching approx. 80 ° C, the bed heating is switched off, while the bed temperature measurement is functional. It will help to set again the desired temperature to 95 ° C, thus continuing the printing procedure, heating the bed to 95 ° C and starting printing.

I think there is something wrong in the firmware "Ender3-V2-BLTouch-20210312.bin", board v4.2.2.

ReplyQuote