Notifications
Clear all

Heated Bed issues, Reset printer, HELP!!

alfo
 alfo
(@alfo)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I just got myself an Ender 3 V2 and everything is working fine except for the heated bed. When I try to set the temperature of the bed using any method (preheat PLA, manual setup, print) the printer seems to freeze for a few seconds, then a load bar appears, after which the screen resets to the main screen. I attached a video showing what happens.

I know the heating element on the bed works because I changed the connection on the motherboard to those of the nozzle heater and I was able to heat up the bed. I'm thinking of trying to change the thermistor for the bed and see if that is the issue, but I wanted to ask the forum before I mess more with the printer.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue please help me out. Any ideas welcome. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Extruder Registered

But the bed temperature in screen reads 0 degrees and nozzle 26..  They should indicating about the same, room temperature. Looks like thermistor of bed is not connected, or short circuit.

They are both same 100K NTC type, so you could try to swap them to check.

alfo liked
ReplyQuote
alfo
 alfo
(@alfo)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@3nderuser That was my next step to try, I just wanted to check with someone here because I felt like I was going in circles.

Thank you for your help and for the observation about the temperature being 0, I had not put 2 and 2 together.

Update: I tried what @3enderuser suggested and that was the issue. Thank you!!!

This post was modified 2 months ago by alfo

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up