Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Filament runout problem

VolkanOvun
(@volkanovun)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi. I have an Ender3 V2 with 4.2.2 board, use daily firmware. Only problem is, filament runout sensor works reversed. I mean, printer works without filament, when filament filled in sensor, printer stops and unload filament all the way. In Cura's printer settings I added "M412 S1 ;", and then "M412 D35;"

What should I do to make sensor properly?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Eminent Member Registered

@volkanovun
It depends what type of switch it is and whether you can access the wiring. If it's a microswitch, like the XYZ limit switches, it will be marked COM NO and NC. You just swap the NO and NC connectors.
If it's a different type, you need to find the equivalent connections or swap them at the motherboard end. Make sure you turn the power off first!!!
If you're using the Australian daily build of Marlin, you can probably find a version that reverses the runout switch. If not, he will probably build a version for you. It's a very easy fix in the config file, removing one comment // and inserting another.

ReplyQuote
VolkanOvun
(@volkanovun)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@wurlitzerwilly

Thanks for reply. It's a Chinese runout sensor, high possibly similar or same with limit switches. Box ultrasound welded can not be opened but possibly there is a microswitch with c, no and nc pins. Logically, when NO and NC pins reversed it must work but unfortunately doesn't. I already try that.

Yes, I use Australian Marlin daily build firmware. Do you think they build a reversed firmware for me, if I ask them in this forum?

I couldn't compile a proper firmware. It always gives error. 🙁

Thanks again for your advices.

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Eminent Member Registered

@volkanovun
You should be able to get a new version compiled for you. They do state that they will do that. You have to tell them what you want and for which printer and motherboard.

I've not used the special build service, but here's a link to it:

https://marlin.crc.id.au/builder/

Good luck.

ReplyQuote