Notifications
Clear all

Filament Holder

M0nst3rgr1m
(@m0nst3rgr1m)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Good day everyone.

I bought the Ender 3 V2 printer 2 weeks ago and i must say its an amazing little printer. It's my first printer and i'm still getting the hang of it and learning it's ods and ends. I have a concern regarding the filament holder bracket that goes on top of the printer. Seeing that the filament weighs 1Kg and the bracket is only to one side, wont that eventually cause the Z axis to lean to the side the filament rests on? I'm just concerned that over the long run it will cause printing issues.

Any response will be much appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Screw

Experience told me that it will be fine. This is a really interesting point. 

ReplyQuote
M0nst3rgr1m
(@m0nst3rgr1m)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@cyt Thanks for the response, so do you keep your filament on the printer between prints or do you remove it? 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@m0nst3rgr1m The desktop 3D printer is not as precise as you think. The gantry is stronger than you thought it is. So never mind where you put the filament. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Screw

@m0nst3rgr1m I keep it on the printer, since there are multiple people using the printer, and we print it frequently. If you don't print much, I recommend to store it in a dry place. 

ReplyQuote
M0nst3rgr1m
(@m0nst3rgr1m)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@cyt I see, oky well thank you very much for the response i just wanted to make sure so i dont cause any problems for myself in the future

CYT liked
ReplyQuote