Notifications
Clear all

Extruder plug touches z-axis rod

lubiq
(@lubiq)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am new to 3D printers and my first 3D printer - Ender 3 v2 - just arrived yesterday. I have started to set it up but after I mounted x-axis gantry and top gantry, I noticed that extruder plug touches the z-axis rod. See the picture attached.

When I move x-axis gantry up and down, there is a weak sound like a zip does. I also need to push harder in order to move the gantry. I tried to insert the paper between the plug and the rod and it did not fit.

Did I do something wrong? On the videos I watched, they have some space between the plug and the rod. Is this a faulty piece?

Thank you very much, looking forward to fixing this and start my first print... 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member Registered

Mine is also close, but not touching. Never noticed it before.

You could remove extruder and twist the motor a quarter turn so the plug points backwards, that would be fancy.

ReplyQuote
lubiq
(@lubiq)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@3nderuser thank you. I was thinking about turning the motor so the plug points to the back but I was not sure how to unmount it safely and I did not know if the direction would matter. I need to check more videos though...

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Eminent Member Registered

@lubiq

This video might help you:

I don't understand the reference to paper and the plug. Can you elaborate please.

ReplyQuote
lubiq
(@lubiq)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just tried to push a paper between the plug and a rod to see if there is some space. I wanted to check if there is a tiny gap that only looks like they are touching, but I could not push the paper between them.

ReplyQuote