ender 3 v2 not accepting firmware
@enderdragonstone Change filename is to let your printer know the new firmware is different from the current firmware. Otherwise, it will not read. This is a conservative approach.
Then you can doubt the slot or the card. Can the card read other GCODE files properly?
This! I had the same problem couple days ago. Had to rename to something like "firmware3.bin". Make sure card is no larger than 8GB - seems firmware updates get a tad flakey with sizes above that.
@kevin Yes I'm able to print .GCODE files using that same SD in the same slot.
The slot in the front of the machine is where I'm putting the SD card in. That is the correct one right? or is there a slot in the motherboard or somewhere else? I know there's a slot in the menu screen, do I need to update the screen first?
@tundrwd thanks for the suggestion,
my SD card is only 4GB
and I tried renaming it to: firmware.bin didn't work
@enderdragonstone All that's left, it seems a mainboard problem. If you're still under warranty and tell customer service about this and what you did, have them send a new board.
@kevin I seem to be having the same issue when trying to install a new CR Touch. These are the steps I've gone through so wondering which way to turn:
1. Used the 4gb sd card that came with the printer
2. Reformatted the card to ensure it was empty
3. Only copied one *.bin file to it and ensured I renamed it to something like firmware3.bin or firmthree.bin - at least a name I've not used already.
4. Confirmed my motherboard is a v4.2.2 - I had to look in order to plug the CR Touch in.
5. Downloaded Ender-3 V2-Marlin-2.0.1-HW-4.2.2-mainboard-V1.1.2-Compatible with BLTouch and filament detection.zip as I believe this is what I need for my motherboard and the CR Touch. Copied the containing bin file to the SD card.
6. Unplugged the printer and waited 15 seconds or more, inserted the SD Card, plugged in and turned on.
7. At this point the screen turns on and displays a progress bar but I'm still left with Firmware version Ver 1.0.2 and no menu for leveling. The CR touch itself did seem to go through some sort of initialisation.
Is there any step I've missed? Before this I was printing really quite well and thought the CR Touch would help improve initial setup troubles but at this point in time it's been money wasted 🙁
Many thanks for your time 🙂