Notifications
Clear all

ender 3 v2 not accepting firmware

Page 1 / 2

enderwood
(@enderwood)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have had my ender 3 v2 for 4 days now. overall the printer worked pretty well but i wanted to update the firmware on it. i downloaded the latest version of firmware loaded it into the printer and turned it on. the print screen turned on and stayed black for several minutes. after nothing happened i tried putting the card in the slot behind the screen. i turned the printer on again the screen went black then flashed to red. since then i have tried other versions of firmware. even the factory firmware set up. the screen is back to normal now but the printer will not print now. it heats up and thats it. sometimes the screen freezes now also. when i click a gcode file to print it freezes and it will not allow me to click stop  print or anything else. I can not believe something so simple as installing the firmware has caused me such an issue. 

ReplyQuote
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Estimable Member Moderator

@enderwood ok - we need to rewind a little here....

1) Which firmware file did you use and which URL did you get it from?

2) If you haven't changed your mainboard, you will have a v4.2.2 mainboard. You should ensure you downloaded a v4.2.2 firmware.

3) In most cases, you don't need to update anything on the screen - so this is likely unneeded.

ReplyQuote
enderwood
(@enderwood)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@marlin-firmware-service the file I downloaded that caused my screen to go red was. Ender-3 v2_32bit_2.0.1v latest firmware_8014. rar. The file I downloaded that got my screen to work again was.  Ender 3 v2 4.2.7 marlin 2.0.1 -v1.0.1-tmc2225( v4.2.7 main board. Zip. I also tried the 4.2.2 ender 3 v2 marlin 2.0.1 bltouch v1.1.1 without adapter board firmware rar. I located these from creality.com/download

ReplyQuote
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Estimable Member Moderator

@enderwood Gotcha - I'm not quite across the Creality firmware versions - as this subsection is for firmware from: https://marlin.crc.id.au/

I'll move this thread to the normal Ender 3 V2 section which would give you more people across the Creality Firmware than myself...

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@enderwood Some firmware you used is not compatible with your printer!!! 

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/category/guide/

ReplyQuote
enderwood
(@enderwood)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu I understand that. I tried 4.2.2 versions and didn't have any luck. Which firmware do I need for my v2? 

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@enderwood So far there is only one firmware that works for your printer if you are not planning to add a BL touch. 

It is 

Ender-3 V2_4.2.2-32bit

Marlin-2.0.1 – V1.0.2 (Factory Firmware)

Verified

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3-v2/

ReplyQuote
enderwood
(@enderwood)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu I tried a a adding that first back into my printer and nothing has changed.  Still won't print out auto home

ReplyQuote
spacelab
(@spacelab)
New Member Registered

@enderwood Format your SD card to FAT32.

Download Ender-3 V2_4.2.2-32bit Marlin-2.0.1 – V1.0.2 (Factory Firmware) from link

Extract the rar file, there will be two folders: mainboard and screen. From the mainboard folder copy the Ender-3 V2-Marlin-2.0.1 - V1.0.2.bin file to your newly formatted SD card. Rename it to firmwareSOMENUMBERS.bin, for example firmware2587.bin then eject the SD card from your PC. Put your SD card to printer, and turn the printer on. On the printer's menu go to control, then push reset configuration.

Eli liu liked
ReplyQuote
EnderDragonStone
(@enderdragonstone)
Active Member Registered

I have the same issue, it DOES NOT MATTER which .bin file I add to my SD card (that has been FAT32 formatted each time before adding a .bin file).  my Ender 3 v2 just starts like normal, no new "Level" menu and the version still says 1.02

By the way I'm trying to add a BLTouch (it says it's version SMART 1.3 on the side)

and the BLTouch glows red and sticks out it's finger twice, but that's all, & it remains glowing red.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@enderdragonstone Have you rename the .bin file? 

ReplyQuote
EnderDragonStone
(@enderdragonstone)
Active Member Registered

@kevin

I tried renaming it to:  firmware.bin      didn't work
and also tried leaving the file name alone just like it was from inside the .rar file     didn't work 

each time it was the only file on the micro SD

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@enderdragonstone

Please check which steps you lost.

ReplyQuote
EnderDragonStone
(@enderdragonstone)
Active Member Registered

@kevin that video doesn't show changing the filename.
It looks exactly like what I did, The issue here is the Ender 3 v2 is not recognizing ANY firmware on the SD card.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@enderdragonstone Change filename is to let your printer know the new firmware is different from the current firmware. Otherwise, it will not read. This is a conservative approach.

Then you can doubt the slot or the card. Can the card read other GCODE files properly?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2