Clear all

Ender 3 v2 - Marlin Firmware inc Display

Page 1 / 2

IDontKnowMe
(@idontknowme)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice with regards to the Marlin 2.0 firmware for an Ender 3 v2. I'm new to the 3D printing world so hopefully these questions aren't too stupid 🙃 .

I was looking to install the firmware, because I want to take advantage of being able to use the change filament command (I believe M600?) or the pause commands in general. I have a pi running octoprint which has a good workaround using a script, but I just fancied having it work 'properly' if that makes sense.

One thing I can't seem to see anywhere is about the need to be updating the displays firmware if you are updating the main board firmware? Is this required? Is it beneficial?

I would also like to display the print progress (and option to pause etc) on the stock display when printing from octoprint - does anybody know if updating everything to Marlin will solve this annoyance?

Last one - I was thinking to just pay the money and use the Marlin Firmware service, to save me the hassle of building it myself, but does this include display firmware too, or just the main board?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

Currently, the Creaity team hasn't released the new firmware with features like M600 or M25. They may be facing some challenges in adding it. 

The screen firmware is along with the mainboard firmware. If the mainboard firmware has new functions, you have to update both to let the printer work properly. 

Marlin Firmware service. You can make a request first, the expert will tell you if he can make it or not.

ReplyQuote
IDontKnowMe
(@idontknowme)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu thanks. I was going to contact the Marlin Firmware service, but theres no email or contact form on their website.

I guess its just a case of using their .bin for the mainboard and the DWIN_SET folder thats in their FAQ for the display.

ReplyQuote
danielcrosslink
(@danielcrosslink)
Nozzle Registered

The display on the v2 is really the cause of a lot of issues with custom firmware adding more features. If you really require a fast solution (as I do), think about replacing the display with a good old 12864 display for 15 bucks. It just works and honestly I don't see the added value of the v2 display for me besides that it is rgb now. Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
Drika
(@drika)
Screw Registered

Hi all.

After the firmware update, the pause command (M0) started to work, however, when returning to printing, it is leaving marks on the entire layer where the pause occurred.
This does not happen with the manual pause made by the panel.
The problem is that I can't display the layer number on the panel (M117 doesn't work) so I can know the exact moment to pause the printer.
Does anyone know if the update (which I didn't do) of DWIN_SET solves this problem?
Or, what is the solution to this problem?
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
mark1000
(@mark1000)
Heating Block Registered

@danielcrosslink Hi, does the old display give back the layer height info that's missing in E3v2 lcd ?

ReplyQuote
alanerickson
(@alanerickson)
Heating Block Registered

Posted by: @mark1000

@danielcrosslink Hi, does the old display give back the layer height info that's missing in E3v2 lcd ?

Came here looking for an answer to this.  New Ender 3 user and on my display it only shows the Z offset and not the current height.  Would love if I could get it to display current height.

ReplyQuote
mark1000
(@mark1000)
Heating Block Registered

@alanerickson  I can't believe creality forgot to include such basic info that the older enders have, if you should find out anything would you post it here, i'll do the same.

ReplyQuote
alanerickson
(@alanerickson)
Heating Block Registered

Latest firmware from Marlin has added it in at the bottom of my screen (unless something else I did made it show up). 

ReplyQuote
mark1000
(@mark1000)
Heating Block Registered

@alanerickson  hi, you sure your not referring to the Z offset ? if not do you have a link ?

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Extruder Registered

ReplyQuote
mark1000
(@mark1000)
Heating Block Registered

@3nderuser  sorry to ask again, i'm a complete novice when it comes to firmware, which bin file from that link do i use for mb 4.2.2 without a bltouch, i'd really appreciate the advise.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Extruder Registered

Posted by: @mark1000

@3nderuser  sorry to ask again, i'm a complete novice when it comes to firmware, which bin file from that link do i use for mb 4.2.2 without a bltouch, i'd really appreciate the advise.

Thanks.

Oh sorry, they all for bltouch.
Try this one, original Marlin compiled without any changes, tested on my printer and works.

Be sure have other working firmware backup in case not working for you.

Delete numbers in front of the word firmware.

ReplyQuote
mark1000
(@mark1000)
Heating Block Registered

@3nderuser  Many thanks.

ReplyQuote
tosio3D
(@tosio3d)
Cooling Fan Registered

Dear @3nderuser

I also have the 4.2.2 board without BLtouch for my 3V2

I'm also not familar with FW self generation, so your compiled bin is a current (marlin 2.x ?) firmware for the mainboard and LCD aswell?. Which would also inculde some new features shown in the posts before for the LCD menu or displayed features?

sorry for the many questions.

thank you for your feedback

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up