Notifications
Clear all

Autohome with BKTouch failed overnight.

mmarquis
(@mmarquis)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Board 4.2.2

I have added BLtouch successfully and have used it for several weeks with only a few hiccups. Now, after a failed overnight print it will no longer Autohome in the z-axis, and thus I cannot print. It zeros the X and Y axis and jumps to the middle of the build plate and then the BLtouch flashes twice withdrawing and extending the probe as usual and then the Z-axis rises a few mm and stops without descending to probe the bed. It displays "Autohome (or level) Please don' t other operation" and stalls until power is removed.

Thinking the stepper motor may have a problem I downgraded to the original firmware and the Z-axis can move either direction and it homes normally. Returning to v4.2.2 v1.1.2 still have the problem.

Is it probable that the BLTouch has gone south?

ReplyQuote
Wurlitzerwilly
(@wurlitzerwilly)
Cooling Fan Registered

It doesn't seem to me that the BLTouch is faulty, it appears to be doing what is expected but the firmware is preventing completion for whatever reason.
It could be something as simple as a faulty uSD card. Try removing altogether and see if the fault disappears.
I also suggest changing the firmware to the Jyers/Marlin version. 5 x 5 mesh is popular, but you can choose another if you prefer.

https://github.com/Jyers/Marlin/releases

ReplyQuote
mmarquis
(@mmarquis)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for your reply. I tried a different micro SD card and got the same result (loading the base firmware and then loading the BLTouch version). After removing the micro SD it still behaved the same. Hoping the BLTouch has gone south, because if it hasn't I may have a fried main board.

This post was modified 1 month ago by mmarquis

ReplyQuote
mmarquis
(@mmarquis)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I just tried the Jyers/Marlin 3x3 version and it behaves the same. Still hoping for a bad BLTouch.

ReplyQuote
mmarquis
(@mmarquis)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Well I got a new BLTouch and installed it and the problem still appears. I wonder if the main board (v4.2.2) is damaged?

Any ideas? 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@mmarquis Have you check the voltage of the board to see if your board is fine?

ReplyQuote
mmarquis
(@mmarquis)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kevin

@mmarquis Have you check the voltage of the board to see if your board is fine?

Thanks for replying Kevin. Where would I check that?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@mmarquis

But I do not think your board went wrongly. It seems firmware issue. which firmware you have flashed? Is it the official one?

ReplyQuote
mmarquis
(@mmarquis)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for commenting. I'm using the standard Creality BLTouch firmware. It had worked for a couple of weeks. I have tried 2 different replacement BLTouch sensors, including the cables; different micro SD cards. I have reverted to the non BLTouch firmware and it behaves normally with full z-axis control. I did try other firmware to no avail. I am considering giving up on the BLTouch.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up