Forum

Notifications
Clear all

3 V2 glass bed is warped

Trevorfox34
(@trevorfox34)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just recieved my printer on 01/14 and I have discovered my glass bed is not level. The back side where it is just glass, is level. The other side with the black film is low in the middle. I am perfectly level on the corners and have to go so shallow in the middle to level that the nozzle hits in all the corners. Is there anyway to fix this? Or order a new bed?

ReplyQuote
Demon85
(@demon85)
Eminent Member Registered

I got my v2 on jan 6. I figured out the same thing, the middle of the bed is a little bit lower. I don't think a new bed would differ from this. I'm afraid this is normal.. I'm planning getting a BLTouch sensor, I think that is going to solve the problem

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

If you contact the seller and provide the picture of the bended bed, they probably give you a new one. But no guarantee that every piece of glass bed is perfectly flat.

ReplyQuote
Legsmaniac
(@legsmaniac)
New Member Registered

The glass on my Ender3 V2 I received for Christmas was exactly the same!!  All the corners (the outside edges at least) were fine but the middle dipped.  And quite a bit too, as evidenced by the bed-leveling-with-a-sheet-of-paper test.  Scratchy on the outsides with a single sheet yet the middle felt like I could fit another 5 sheets in!

I ordered some new Creality glass bed sheets from Amazon and I'm pleased to say they were perfect so it's worth a try.  I've also read it's worth considering mirror tiles as a glass bed or even paying a visit to your local glaziers asking them to cut you some tempered glass panels to size.  Haven't tried this yet, it's on my list of things to do when Covid eases.

Incidentally, I'm finding my prints are better on the smooth (back) side of the Creality sheets rather than the treated dimpled side (which scratches all to easily anyway) so my thinking is that mirror tiles or glazier glass has got to be worth a consideration?

ReplyQuote
Packie88
(@packie88)
New Member Registered

Mine was delivered 6th of Feb and mine is warped too

ReplyQuote
tosio3D
(@tosio3d)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi, I'am using additionals clamps (foldback clamps) for the edges and some user put a piece of aluminum foil in the middle under the glass (40x40mm foil)...seams to be general topic

ReplyQuote