z-axis only raises ...

Notifications
Clear all

z-axis only raises and will not lower after bl touch installation

ezoran
(@ezoran)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

my problem is that the z-axis will only raise. when it lifts to do the leveling autohome, or normal autohome, that becomes the new 0.0 for the z-axis.

if i tell it to move/z-axis and any increment - it will move up that amount, and that spot just became the new 0.0 for the z-axis

I've read a number of other problems that sounded similar and either there was no solution or not a solution that applied. 

please help. 🙂

i have the firmware "without an adapter" - the one "with adapter" makes the machine beep loudly nonstop.

this is the creality bl touch. zstop and it's cable removed. one bltouch cable (red square) is in that spot on the motherboard, and the black connection is a few spots over (the only spot that was open and the right size)

v4.2.2 motherboard

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by ezoran

ReplyQuote
TheRealFastEddy
(@therealfasteddy)
Nozzle Registered

@ezoran I'm having the exact same problem with both the 'with board' and 'without board' firmwares in the same setup as yours. Even down to the constant buzzing with the with board firmware. Given up for now on installing it and hope someone can helped advise?

ReplyQuote
TheRealFastEddy
(@therealfasteddy)
Nozzle Registered

@ezoran I'm having the exact same problem with both the 'with board' and 'without board' firmwares in the same setup as yours. Even down to the constant buzzing with the with board firmware. Given up for now on installing it and hope someone can helped advise?

ReplyQuote
Jake_oz
(@jake_oz)
Screw Registered

Joined just to say me too..

However, I dug around a bit further and found where someone suggested checking the end stop status on startup with M119 from something like pronterface, and in my case the printer thinks it’s already active so this explains the behaviour.. would like a response from creality about this, it was a bltouch bought from them.. otherwise I guess I’ll have to work out how to install/compile marlin from scratch so I can change the end stop state to use the bltouch.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up