Z axis not lowering...

Notifications
Clear all

Z axis not lowering after BL touch installation

Page 2 / 2

ramcneal
(@ramcneal)
New Member Registered

I've got the same problem unfortunately. My motherboard is 4.2.2 and I installed the firmware. Auto home is stuck on the z-axis homing. After power on I do see the BLtouch go in and out twice, but now the z-axis just doesn't work. I used the motion control for the z-axis and the arm fails to move at all. I guess I'll try installing the base level firmware and the old z-axis switch in the hopes of getting the machine back to it's original condition.

ReplyQuote
ramcneal
(@ramcneal)
New Member Registered

Figured out my problem. Like someone suggested I reinstalled the base firmware and reinstalled the z-axis switch. I verified that my z-axis movement worked again. I then followed the instructions very carefully and here's what I believe is key. Install the correct version of the firmware, turn the machine on and update the firmware with the old z-axis switch still in place. Then install the BLTouch and power on the machine. While previously I did update the firmware at first, but then I had installed the wrong version of the firmware for my board. I installed 4.2.7 firmware and I've got 4.2.2. So, after my machine was running 4.2.7 with the BLTouch installed I updated the firmware again with 4.2.2. That seems to be the trouble. So, when I went back to the base with the old switch and following the steps again everything works. I hope this helps someone else.

ReplyQuote
inamahamed
(@inamahamed)
New Member Registered

@johnharrington Blow up mean what ?? Why confusing people ? can u put a bL touch connector jack to another port or can you attach BL touch connector wrong way ? will it go inside ??

ReplyQuote
NV1976
(@nv1976)
New Member Registered

@philiphoward A million thanks headed your way.

The above solution was the perfectly prescribed salve for all my frustrations when it came to my Z offset.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2