Z axis not lowering...

Notifications
Clear all

Z axis not lowering after BL touch installation

sr6767
(@sr6767)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, new member here and a bit stuck after upgrading my ender 3 pro to a 32bit board (v 4.2.7) and adding the bl touch.

I've flashed the firmware (4.2.7 Ender-3 pro 32bit Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.3.1with adapter board TMC2225.rar) and all seems to be ok however when I try to auto home the z axis will not lower and I get a stopped message on screen.

I've included a small clip of what its doing.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction and thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
tpratt83687
(@tpratt83687)
Heating Block Registered

@sr6767 Looks like something went wrong with the firmware upgrade. I would unplug the small plug on the side of the BLTouch and try flashing with the bare-bones 4.2.7 firmware verify that everything is working properly. If all goes well, rename the BLTouch version and try flashing again. 

ReplyQuote
sr6767
(@sr6767)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@tpratt83687 thanks for your reply 

so I disconnect this and flash using the firmware which doesn't include the BL touch? sorry I'm new to this!

ReplyQuote
tpratt83687
(@tpratt83687)
Heating Block Registered

You're on the right path!  Try this link to a GoogleDrive that has some Marlin firmware for Ender 3 Pro with 4.2.7 bot with and without BLTouch.  Hope this works for you.  Don't forget to slightly change the filename after putting it on an 8GB or 16GB SD card formatted to FAT32.  I usually just add a "a" to the end of the filename (like firmwarea.bin or something like that).

sr6767 liked
ReplyQuote
sr6767
(@sr6767)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@tpratt83687 you were right about the firmware, Id used the firmware without the adapter board when I needed to use the one with the adapter. Now the z axis is working but it wont stop as I auto home, it just keeps going!

ReplyQuote
tpratt83687
(@tpratt83687)
Heating Block Registered

By "just keeps going" do you mean it's crashing into the bed?

ReplyQuote
sr6767
(@sr6767)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@tpratt83687
yes I did..
The black and white wires were the wrong way around so I've sorted the issue of the z axis moving down. Now I'm getting a err too far message as when it auto homes it stops about 20mm away from the bed. So frustrating!

ReplyQuote
Teeg
 Teeg
(@teeg)
Screw Registered

@sr6767 Did you ever figure the auto home issue? I'm having a similar one with my Ender 3v2 after just installing the BLTouch this morning.

ReplyQuote
Scrapmetal52
(@scrapmetal52)
Nozzle Registered

Has this issue ever been solved?  I have almost the same issue with my Ender 3 Pro.  I have the BLTouch installed on a 4.2.7 mainboard with the adapter.  Downloaded the firmware from Creality site that is supposed to be for the 4.2.7 board with a BLTouch hooked up using the adapter board. When I tell it to Auto Home it does the X & Y OK then for the Z the probe deploys a couple of times but then the Z-axis goes up and it just stops with the nozzle about 20mm above the center of the bed.   Can't seem to set any home offsets because I get the error message "Too far".

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up