Notifications
Clear all

X & Y limits

t0m541
(@t0m541)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, quick intro as I'm new.

The name is Tom and I've just bought my first 3D printer so I'm new to that as well.

I'm a electromechanical engineer by trade, which is why I decided on the Ender 3 Pro as it's one that can be tinkered with and lots of upgrades from what I read.

I've got it all set up great and printed quite a few items off with it, however the issue I'm trying to get to the root of is that why I either dial in auto home or start a print, the X & Y steppers keep on rolling even though the bed and print head are at their respective stops.

I always manually move all axis to the home position, (front left hand corner, nozzle on the bed) with the steppers offline before and print as I was finding that it would print in random places rather that centre of bed.

Eventually they stop then if printing off it goes and prints as it should.

The Z axis drops, touches the limit switch and works great.

I've checked that the X+Y limit switches work, they are all wired the same as the Z and checked for loose connections in the controller.

I've added smoothers to all 3 axis, and it prints super slick.

Has anyone else run into this issue, I'm concerned that it's going to strip teeth off the belt eventually if I don't get it sorted.

I've got a SKR MINI E3 V2.0 motherboard and a TFT35 E3 V3.0 screen unit coming from Big Tree Tech as upgrades in the next couple of weeks, but I like to sort out the limit issue before I fit them.

Cheers for any help folks

Tom

ReplyQuote