Clear all

Wire bootloader to ICSP pins...

kevk
 kevk
(@kevk)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Greetings New Friends:

I'm new to the forum, and although I have extensive experience in 2D printing, my purchase of the Ender 3 has added a whole new dimension to...okay, enough of that. Hello!

So, my E3 has a v1.1.4, and trying to use a TinyUSB (TOSR-09) to flash the Firmware. I don't know how to determine the order for the pins to be inserted into the v1.1.4 board. Also, not knowing the technology, I'm afraid of any wrong wire causing damage.

FYI, for certain, I wouldn't blame anyone for any such occurrence, I'll just be grateful someone tried to help, and I can honestly tell my Wife that it wasn't me.  :0

Thank You in advance for any info. -k

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@kevk Hello, K. Glad to know you. I usually do not recommend flashing the firmware if the printer works fine.

Here is the official video for your reference.

ReplyQuote
kevk
 kevk
(@kevk)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

Hey kevin, thanks for the response, and first let me say what a sexy name you have.

Anyway, i just got your post, so i haven't done anything before asking you the following:

My reason for re-flashing the Firmware is that i've installed a 3DTouch, so what would be

your recommended path forward? The attached image shows what i'm dealing with.

I can't thank you enough for your time, and if i can complete this task successfully, i won't bother you again until the next thing.   🙂  

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@kevk You are welcome! K.

Have you attached an image? But seems there is nothing. If you buy a 3Dtouch kit, there should be a user manual to teach you how to install it. 

I have never used 3Dtouch, although I know it is similar to BL-touch.

ReplyQuote
kevk
 kevk
(@kevk)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

( i may have forgot to attach the image )

None of the documentation i've found has given me a clear map of how each of the six inline wires on the 28AWG ribbon correspond to the ICSP on the 1.1.4 board.

And that's the exact answer i'm looking for: Which order should i plug these cables into the ICSP on the Creality board? In other words, which on the ribbon are the: VCC, MOSI, GND, MISO, SCK, RESET. The proper plug-in order is all i'm after, then the Firmware flashing is it's own next step.

Thanks, Kevin.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@kevk This is not a Creality product so I am not sure which port is what. Attached picture only for your reference.

And you do not have the plastic slot on the cable. 😥 

ReplyQuote