Clear all

Under Extrusion Please Help!!!

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
dayum_daniel
(@dayum_daniel)
Topic starter  

I am going absolutely crazy with this problem. Purchased 2 ender 3 pros together one is working fine and the other is not I’ve had these printers for about 4 months now I’ve done the same upgrades to both printers so they are both the exact same setup.

I am getting inconsistent under extensions. And regular blockages and jams.

The following list is the things I’ve tried to resolve the issue.

-replaced the hot end

-upgraded the ptfe tube to capricorn.

– replaced the extruder stepper motor

-Reduced the current going to the extruder stepper motor

-checked to make sure I have no loose connection on the main board.

I have noticed that sometimes the fillament seems to be melting inside the ptfe tube. Like I’m getting heat creep but I dont understand why.

I have run out of ideas or options to try to resolve this issue. As its driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance, Dan

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Pauljp
(@pauljp)

Under extrusion is usually caused by your e-steps not being set up properly.

Did you calibrate it by measuring 100mm and then feeding 100mm through to see if the e-step number is right?

ReplyQuote
dayum_daniel
(@dayum_daniel)
Topic starter  

@pauljp 

Hi, I have not calibrated my e steps, I don’t believe its an e step issue because some prints print perfectly fine and others don’t that’s what’s baffling me. surely if it was an e step issue then every print I do would have the same issue?

ReplyQuote
Pauljp
(@pauljp)

How is the tension on your extruder gears? Could it be slipping on certain filaments?

I am also wondering about the thermistor on the hotend. If it was acting up it could cause temperature fluctuations at the nozzle which might explain the blockages and jams.

Are you using Octoprint that you can monitor the temps? When was the last time you did a PID on the hotend?

Just trying to throw things out there that might cause these symptoms.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Pauljp

ReplyQuote
dayum_daniel
(@dayum_daniel)
Topic starter  

@pauljp I’ve got the all metal extruder gear so no cracks, tension is good. I think I’m going to try replace the thermistor and heater element tomorrow and see how that goes. Thank you for the help so far I will let you know my results

ReplyQuote
dayum_daniel
(@dayum_daniel)
Topic starter  

@pauljp Hi, Ive replaced the thermistor and heater element and am still encountering the under extrusion issue. this is so frustrating.

ReplyQuote