Forum

SD Init Failed. Nee...

Notifications
Clear all

SD Init Failed. Need to Restore Factory Firmware but how?

rizzocow
(@rizzocow)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I tried flashing my new Ender 3 factory 4.2.2 32bit board to the latest firmware. I used the provided SD card. After the update, the printer no longer recognizes the provided SD card or ANY other SD card that is correctly formatted for the printer. I have also tried a second card that i am using in my original ender 3, and that one isn't being recognized either. Not surprising since the lcd message states that it can't initialize the sd card. I have tried to manually initialize the card (M21) since I am able to access the printer through Pronterface terminal, without success. I would like to be able to at least get back to the original factory default firmware that came with the machine but how can I do this if the SD card isn't being recognized at boot up.  Normal Flash procedure won't work

1.) Put Firmware.bin on correctly formatted sd card.

2.) Turn off PSU on Printer

3.) Insert SD card in printer

4.) Turn on psu to printer

LDC goes straight to Main Info without updating firmware and message that "SD Init Failed" blinks at me constantly. It torments me. 

I have been trying for days to get this figured out without success. 

I am looking forward to any suggestions or ideas that anyone has. 

Thanks for listening

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

Don't know what caused this issue. You can send M502 to initialize the mainboard via pronterface, which may work for some strange problem. 

Find ender 3 source code and upload it to the printer via Arduino. ( Creality hasn't provided the code yet).

I hope the first method would work.

ReplyQuote
rizzocow
(@rizzocow)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the response. I did try the 502 command which sends successfully but it doesn't change anything. Where can I find the Ender 3 source code if Creality has not made it available yet?

Thanks again for your help

ReplyQuote
EmeryEropy
(@emeryeropy)
New Member Registered

"Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the issues. It was really informative. Your website is useful. Many thanks for sharing!"
נערות ליווי בראשון לציון

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@emeryeropy We would like to create a community that many users could help each other and enjoy 3D printing!

ReplyQuote