SD card stopped working after I updated by Ender 3 for CR touch

himadrir
(@himadrir)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello folks,

I am using the following ender model

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BR3F9N6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I recently added a CR Touch to it and flashed it with the 4.2.2 fw as I have a 32 bit board of the same version. However now I am unable to use my sd card slot to load files.

I have tried numerous SD card(including the ones creality provides), different size(2gb, 4gb, 8gb and 16gb) , even tried a SD Card Formatter software, but no luck.

At this point I am frustrated and planning to go for Octoprint as that seems the most easiest solution to fix this issue.

If anyone has any kind of solution kindly lemme know! Much appreciated! Thanks!

This topic was modified 4 months ago by himadrir

ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)
Active Member Registered

Just wondering, did you buy the printer recently, and if so is your microcontroller a GD32F303RET6 (the larger chip near your LCD screen ribbon cable). I just "updated" my firmware and am having the same issue. My other ender 3's with the 4.2.2 board use the STM32F103RET6 microprocessor and I have a feeling this could be the issue. This seems to be a newer board revision and I can't find any information anywhere on it.

ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)
Active Member Registered

Try the TH3D unified firmware here, it got my printer printing again https://www.th3dstudio.com/hc/downloads/unified-2-firmware/creality/creality-boards-creality/creality-ender-3-3-pro-ender-5-5-pro-firmware-v4-2-x-board/ I haven't got a BL touch installed on the ender 3 I had a GD32F303RET6 on so am unsure if you will need to define it when you compile, but it should be a matter of uncommenting a line.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)
Active Member Registered

@himadrir Try this firmware here and let me know if it works, if it does I will post it and this issue on every ender 3 forum I can, alot of people are having similar issues and I think I know why. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19LBQDJZbs5lMmIKL9613EjpPmn-3XJ5k/view?usp=sharing you may need to reinstall your z endstop. I do not have a CR touch so cannot define the offsets for you but this should get your printer at least working until creality upload working firmware, you'll just have to set your printer up as stock with manual levelling.

Good luck and hopefully happy printing.

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Smokinjoe

Robot831 liked
ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)
Active Member Registered

Just to clarify, This is a version of TH3D's unified2, I just compiled it, I can not take credit for it. I will attempt to compile firmware for a CR touch using recommended offsets or if you could measure your offsets I can compile it for you. Measure the distance from the tip of the nozzle to the center/tip of the probe in X and Y directions only. These measurements need to be in millimeters (mm).

You'll just have to bear with me, I only learned to compile 2 days ago and am learning as I go. I was forced into it through this firmware issue.

This post was modified 4 months ago 4 times by Smokinjoe

ReplyQuote
himadrir
(@himadrir)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@smokinjoe hey would really appreciate the help! Can you compile the code for me? I tried vs code but ran into some issue(vs code wont let me compile it, due to some errors) Can you just enable the CR/BL touch? The offset calibration is

#define NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET { -46, -5, 0 }
This post was modified 4 months ago by himadrir

ReplyQuote
captainserious
(@captainserious)
New Member Registered

I am in the exact same boat.

I just got a new Ender 3 Pro, with 4.2.2 board with the GD32F303RET6 chip.

I installed the CR Touch and flashed the "Ender-3 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1.2 - ALT" firmware that is listed on this pdf: file:///C:/Users/capta/Downloads/CR%20Touch%20Firmware%20Version%20for%2032-bit%20Motherboard-1.pdf

My SD Card Reader also stopped working consistently and it will not finish printing an object. It prints like crap and then it will just stop at some random point.

Compiling my own firmware is not an option, it's way outside of my capability.

Has anyone found a solution for using the CR Touch with the 4.2.2 board with the GD32F303RET6 chip?

FYI, my menus worked fine, and I could probe the bed totally fine, but anything to do with the SD Card didn't work, specifically:

1. wouldn't read all the time
  2. the list of gcode files in the 'print from tf card' menu looked all gibberish
  3. could not finish a print without freezing
  4. there were random moves away from the print and back to the print that were not in the gcode itself

ReplyQuote
rapierson0361
(@rapierson0361)
New Member Registered

@smokinjoe your firmware file worked and got me back to a workable place, thank you...is the creality firmare corrupted for the cr touch ?

ReplyQuote
Kilowatt
(@kilowatt)
New Member Registered

Same for me.  Recent purchase with 4.2.2 board and GD32F303RET6 processor.  Did the CR Touch upgrade.  My SDCARD was flakey and my display was garbled.  Tried printing and it was glitchy also.  After hours of debug and frustration I ran across this thread and tried the firmware file from @smokinjoe.  Back working with this firmware!  Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
Robot831
(@robot831)
New Member Registered

@smokinjoe um, I tried to uncomment the line. when i turned the code from disabled to enabled it gave me approx. 30 other error messages when trying to compile. would it be possible if you could just enable the cr touch for me? If so that would be amazing, I truly appreciate your time 😀

ReplyQuote
Robot831
(@robot831)
New Member Registered

@himadrir SOLUTION!

- https://3dprintscape.com/marlin-firmware-builds/

Download the 4.2.2 (256k) BLTOUCH (NO Z HOMING)

ReplyQuote